Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does biz util matter, at least to Amex?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Does biz util matter, at least to Amex?

One of my Amex biz cards is nearly maxed out. I could transfer some of the limit of my other Amex card so that it looks better. It would be the same overall util LOL, but I'm wondering if Amex looks at individual card util.

Also interested in knowing if util is reported to biz bureaus or used in biz scoring, and if so, which bureaus/scores those would be.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ScorpioRising
New Contributor

Re: Does biz util matter, at least to Amex?

@cr101 wrote:

One of my Amex biz cards is nearly maxed out. I could transfer some of the limit of my other Amex card so that it looks better. It would be the same overall util LOL, but I'm wondering if Amex looks at individual card util.

Also interested in knowing if util is reported to biz bureaus or used in biz scoring, and if so, which bureaus/scores those would be.

Thanks!

Utilization is reported just like on your personal one. The exception being that it won't affect your personal credit scores since your Biz accounts don't report to personal CRAs unless you have TD, Discover, C1 Spark cards, for example. 

It will affect your scoring with Experian etc but only until you pay it down and just like with your personal scores, the effect is temporary.

Besides, businesses credit cards are expected to carry a balance, so it's not a big deal. As long as you keep your payments current, don't worry about it. You can claim any and all interest you pay on your taxes too. 

P.S Amex will definitely let you know if they're giving you the side-eye about your balances. That's one thing you don't have to fret about 😂 

Message 2 of 3
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does biz util matter, at least to Amex?

Yes, they report to Experian biz.  They report just like personal cards.  

Ive hit the upper limits on my revolving biz.  Ive never received any notifications or anything like that. 

And Ive pushed my NPSL to about 40k a month a few times.  It takes time to work up to that however.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.