cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't apply for the BJ Perks Mastercard or ANY comenity card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't apply for the BJ Perks Mastercard or ANY comenity card.

Would you mind sharing a few of these companies?

Message 11 of 13
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

A Sole Prop is doing business as YOURSELF

You have not established another legal entity

therefore even if a company say looked at your revenue from your business dba... and granted a "no pg" account

you can be legally held responsible and be sued / judgement

LLC and Inc are seperate legal entities

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for a fair amount of credit, after accepting a pre-approval offer from BJ&Comenity Bank. They advertised 0% APR until Sept 2018 and No Fees on balance transfers, which was the primary reason for me to apply. Too good to be true, and apparently it wasn't. Upon account opening, it turned out that they don't run any balance transfer promotions and balance transfers are not at all available, regadless fee or no fee. After hours spent on the phone with a few "supervisors", I was advised to mail the paper form for balance transfer request, and they will do it. Unfortunately, that was another lie. Tickets raised with their customer service, Disputes to no avail. To this date, balance transfers on that account are not possible. Their letter offer was signed by Stephanie Meltzer-Paul, VP-Membership Engagement. Based on their product and the way they treated me, I can sincerely recommend you to stay away from doing business with them.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.