Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driven MasterCard... CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Driven MasterCard... CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT

First received a letter telling me about a new rewards program that they enrolled me in for 60 day trial and if I did not cancel it would continue at the basic one at $4/month.

As I'm looking at my statement while on hold for the guy to remove this rewards thing I notice:

$10.00 FRAUD PROTECTOR FEE

Excuse? That is our service that if you enroll and have fraud and you fill out form, we credit you the amount in dispute instantly why we investigate.  If you do not have the service and you dispute fraud, you have to continue paying while we investigate.

When and why was this added to my account?

That looks like Dec. 11 but it does not show who.

So to prevent me from paying for fraud you fraudulently added a charged service to my account? Sounds fitting!

So close to closing this account, they are the shadiest bank EVER but my $20,400 limit with MC privileges is nice to have in the background, I try not to actually use the account most of the time because of the no rewards.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Driven MasterCard... CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT

CA...just get rid of this account. This is shady ..
Message 2 of 6
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

First received a letter telling me about a new rewards program that they enrolled me in for 60 day trial and if I did not cancel it would continue at the basic one at $4/month.

As I'm looking at my statement while on hold for the guy to remove this rewards thing I notice:

$10.00 FRAUD PROTECTOR FEE

Excuse? That is our service that if you enroll and have fraud and you fill out form, we credit you the amount in dispute instantly why we investigate.  If you do not have the service and you dispute fraud, you have to continue paying while we investigate.

When and why was this added to my account?

That looks like Dec. 11 but it does not show who.

So to prevent me from paying for fraud you fraudulently added a charged service to my account? Sounds fitting!

So close to closing this account, they are the shadiest bank EVER but my $20,400 limit with MC privileges is nice to have in the background, I try not to actually use the account most of the time because of the no rewards.

My builder po account has the exact same issues

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 6
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Alright alright. I'll check mine tomorrow. Crap. I didnt want to get my employees Ink cards yet, but it looks like I need to.
If they are doing this crap, its probably time to unload this lame-o.
I havent had too many problems with these cards. The fuel discount really isnt that great anyway.

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I’m sorry to say since I feel like I got it first but it’s a crappy personal credit business owner card. You get Amex or chase and you about have zero reason to fall back to a BE card like this.
I love the $20k no pg limit Mc but...
Message 5 of 6
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Wow... Sorry to hear the card is becoming such a pain, CA.  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.