Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dun & Bradstreet Annual Revenue?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dun & Bradstreet Annual Revenue?

Does anyone know from whom or how D&B acquires information on annual revenues? I have yet to get a solid answer from them and can't find anything online. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dun & Bradstreet Annual Revenue?

Think they use whatever data they have to estimate it

I don't even have any TLs on my DNB but they estimate me at ~50K revenue

Take the revenues they show with a grain of salt

Message 2 of 7
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

When I was setting up my account I was told I needed to submit bank records and tax documents to prove income. 

At the time I saw no need to prove my income to a CRA so never did so. My profile list's my trade lines and a statement of "no verified income".

If you are wanting to update your income with Dun & Bradstreet contact them. They offer some services for free, and a wide range of Pay services. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 7
WayneSki
Regular Contributor

@chiefone4u wrote:

When I was setting up my account I was told I needed to submit bank records and tax documents to prove income. 

At the time I saw no need to prove my income to a CRA so never did so. My profile list's my trade lines and a statement of "no verified income".

If you are wanting to update your income with Dun & Bradstreet contact them. They offer some services for free, and a wide range of Pay services. 

D&B is irrelevant,unless you plan on contracting with the government. 

What bank asks for a Dunns number on applications?

Message 4 of 7
New Contributor

According to a DNB rep I spoke with recently, they used the Secretary of State where my business is registered.  I asked exactly that question, where does my company's annual revenue data come from?

The data was from my company's first year of business, and was pretty low compared to recent years.  I told them my current YTD sales (which was over 20x higher than the data they were reporting) and they updated our profile that week.  It was that easy.

We have proposal's to work with the US government and register with a lot of government sites.  They were asking for our DUNS number etc... so that's the only reason I even looked at our profile.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@851 Thanks for actually responding to the question I asked. That seems strange that a rep told you D&B gets revenue data from the SoS. I have also heard that their revenues are based on corporate tax returns but am not convinced that is accurate. Even in the wildest case, my state doesn't have a share agreement with the IRS, so I'm not sure they would have that data to give D&B in the first place.

Message 6 of 7
Daltoidz

Assuming you already have a Duns Number.

Step 1. Go to dashboard.dnb.com and create a Dun&Bradstreet account. 

Step 2. Login and go to D-U-N-S Manager.

Step 3. Click on launch. 

Step 4. Scroll down to tab 5. Financial.

Step 6. Click "choose file" and upload your Financial Statements i.e. Balance Sheet & Profit and Loss Statements that I assume are saved as a file on your computer. 

Step 7. Scroll down to tab 7. Review & Submit.

Step 8. Review then submit your documents.

Step 9. Wait about 7-10 days for DNB to audit then transcribe the info from your Financials into your DNB credit file.

I hope this helps. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.