Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Buisiness Visa for new LLC, Instant $17k

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Elan Buisiness Visa for new LLC, Instant $17k

Was approved the AM for second Elan Business Visa, this time for new LLC and through Midland States Bank (no association or prior history)

I was surprised that this one was more than double the SL on the same card I was approved for last month.   I am going to do a $10k BT from a high interest Citi AA Biz card to help with cash flow.  That is already in process apparently.   Cool looking card IMO.

Pulled TU:  817 F08

I am 1/12 (one day from 0/12) and 8/24 with 4 INQ's in the last year.

I don't know the rate but it is 0% for 18 months.

3% UTI personal, 0% Biz

Only tradeline is from NAV, one month of reporting

13 years in Biz with 8 year old biz file.

Business Credit Cards - Midland States Bank.png

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Elan Buisiness Visa for new LLC, Instant $17k

Congrats on your approval

Message 2 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Elan Business Visa Approval 🤑👍

Message 3 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

YOU ARE KILLING IT!!

WooHoo!! Congratulations @spiritcraft1 on yet ANOTHER Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

So awesome!  Great job!!

giphy.gif

Message 4 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Was approved the AM for second Elan Business Visa, this time for new LLC and through Midland States Bank (no association or prior history)

I was surprised that this one was more than double the SL on the same card I was approved for last month.   I am going to do a $10k BT from a high interest Citi AA Biz card to help with cash flow.  That is already in process apparently.   Cool looking card IMO.

3% UTI personal, 0% Biz

Congratulations on the approval. I wasn't even aware that card existed. Apart from the promo interest rate, what are its features?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 12
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

3% UTI personal, 0% Biz

Congratulations on the approval. I wasn't even aware that card existed. Apart from the promo interest rate, what are its features?

Thank you, not much. Smiley Happy  I went for it to transfer a high interest balance.  The reasoning: We are heavily investing in our transformation (once again) from residential to commercial / hospitality products.  We were once 50-50 and then became 95% residential during Covid and now suspect we will end up 75% commercial and 25% residential.  We grew over 100% during Covid due to residential sales and now the demand has skewed heavily towards commercial and that transformation was the goal before Covid.  Not sure if anyone else experienced residential related products dropping off a cliff earlier this year as everyone seem to switch to "experience spending" ie. travel and restaurants rather than home furnishings..  Meanwhile, commercial office and hospitality buyers are spending like drunken sailors.  We are solvent and steady and are now experiencing resumed growth.

A few of the last cards we were approved for will clear the books on a few high interest balances to preserve or boost free cash flow.  Our new LLC is breaking out commercial business whereas all revenue was lumped together under one LLC and an assumed name.  So I am accomplishing the above while building long overdue business credit for the new LLC.   Long explanation...  sorry.

Midland States Bank Business Visa 

Midland States Bank Elan Business Visa Cards 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 6 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

3% UTI personal, 0% Biz

Thank you, not much. Smiley Happy  I went for it to transfer a high interest balance.  The reasoning: We are heavily investing in our transformation (once again) from residential to commercial / hospitality products.  We were once 50-50 and then became 95% residential during Covid and now suspect we will end up 75% commercial and 25% residential.  We grew over 100% during Covid due to residential sales and now the demand has skewed heavily towards commercial and that transformation was the goal before Covid.  Not sure if anyone else experienced residential related products dropping off a cliff earlier this year as everyone seem to switch to "experience spending" ie. travel and restaurants rather than home furnishings..  Meanwhile, commercial office and hospitality buyers are spending like drunken sailors.  We are solvent and steady and are now experiencing resumed growth.

A few of the last cards we were approved for will clear the books on a few high interest balances to preserve or boost free cash flow.  Our new LLC is breaking out commercial business whereas all revenue was lumped together under one LLC and an assumed name.  So I am accomplishing the above while building long overdue business credit for the new LLC.   Long explanation...  sorry.

Midland States Bank Business Visa 

Midland States Bank Elan Business Visa Cards 

That Cash Preferred card looks like an excellent card for general use.

Message 7 of 12
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I agree, I will likely apply for that in 6 months or so rather than pushing my luck will Elan at this point.  It really doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference which bank you pick to apply for these Elan Biz cards either.  Just pick the card style and bank name you like...  Oddball cards are great. 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 8 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I agree, I will likely apply for that in 6 months or so rather than pushing my luck will Elan at this point.  It really doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference which bank you pick to apply for these Elan Biz cards either.  Just pick the card style and bank name you like...  Oddball cards are great. 

That's good to know. I'll bet I'm not the only person who's learned something from your posts here today. Until today I didn't even know Elan had business credit cards. Now I know they have a good assortment of them, and that they're available from a wide variety of regional type banks.

And of course I've learned that their underwriting standards are very low (just kidding Smiley Happy)

Message 9 of 12
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

That's good to know. I'll bet I'm not the only person who's learned something from your posts here today. Until today I didn't even know Elan had business credit cards. Now I know they have a good assortment of them, and that they're available from a wide variety of regional type banks.

And of course I've learned that their underwriting standards are very low (just kidding Smiley Happy)

I would concur @SouthJamaica 

I learned something as well...specifically, I would have thought those Elan Business Cards needed to be tied into an account at a partner bank...like a CU requirement.  I haven't looked into them before but they're on my radar now!  Thanks for the education @spiritcraft1 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.