Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Platinum Business Card

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Elan Platinum Business Card

I'm being lured out of the garden by my local community bank where I have my business account and the majority of our personal banking relationship. I just moved over to them this summer from Chase. I got a mailer the other day with an "invitation" to apply for their Visa Platinum Business Card. It has 0% APR until September 2023, then somewhere between 9.99% - 20.99% thereafter.

I'm set to stay in the garden until April when I will apply for the CSP. I stated that I could be lured out of the garden for the right business card. I'm not sure this is the right card, but I do want to build my business card portfolio a bit.

For those who have Elan Business cards, where do they report? Do they report to personal CRAs? That would be a deal breaker for me. Please let me know your thoughts. Deadline for applying is March 5.

Thanks.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: Elan Platinum Business Card

As Elan is essentially US Bank, all that applies to US Bank will apply to Elan:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Which-Bank-Biz-Cards-Report-To-Biz-Credit-Reports/t...

The US Bank/Elan Business Platinum card is a great option for balance transfer and ongoing low APR. But no rewards.  You may want to check out the FNBO Business Evergreen for 2% cash back and $200 sign up bonus. 

Also, the "deadline" for US Bank/Elan..this is just marketing and not a real pre-approval. They are not going anywhere and can be applied for when the time is better for you.

Message 2 of 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Elan Platinum Business Card

Thanks, @BearsCubsOtters, for the info. I have a 2% card in my AmEx BBC, and still working on the SUB there. I do plan on the FNBO Business card, but not at the moment. Yeah, I noticed the Platinum was pretty much a “blah” card, but it might be good for a BT at 0% for over 18 months. OTOH, I might go into the branch to see what other card options they have for me and how much juice they have with the UW. Wonder also if SP is possible going this route. Élan was my first ever CC when I was in college.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.