cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epiphany...get Ink Business Preferred instead?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Epiphany...get Ink Business Preferred instead?

So I’m sure everybody here is sick of me talking about the should I or shouldn’t I, when should I, should I do something else, etc...about me applying for the CSP. Sorry but I am a little obsessive. And this board has only made me worse!
Anyway, just had an epiphany...instead of applying for the CSP next week should I go for the Ink Business Preferred? It gives me access to UR points just like the CSP, a bigger sub than the CSP at 80k pts vs 50k, and although I have to be under 5/24 to get it (I’m at 3/24), it won’t add to that. Still could go for two of CSP, Hyatt, CF OR CFU.
I guess my question is two fold...
1-Is the Ink any easier or harder to get approved for relative to CSP
2-What is the wisest move for my entre into the UR ecosystem.
I promise this will be it for me. Or not! Lol.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Epiphany...get Ink Business Preferred instead?

OP, what's changed from the proposed strategy and/or suggestions given from your other thread a week or so ago?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Time-To-Go-For-Chase-Sapphire-Preferred/m-p/5420079#M1...

Ultimately you can decide what will work best for you in the long term. My suggestion is to map things out, do some math, compare the products/UR potential and evaluate what comes out ahead and decide from there.
Message 2 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I’m sure everybody here is sick of me talking about the should I or shouldn’t I, when should I, should I do something else, etc...about me applying for the CSP. Sorry but I am a little obsessive. And this board has only made me worse!
Anyway, just had an epiphany...instead of applying for the CSP next week should I go for the Ink Business Preferred? It gives me access to UR points just like the CSP, a bigger sub than the CSP at 80k pts vs 50k, and although I have to be under 5/24 to get it (I’m at 3/24), it won’t add to that. Still could go for two of CSP, Hyatt, CF OR CFU.

It depends on your spending on travel and restaurants , I personally use my CIP as my main travel spending card since its 3x vs 2x in that regard vs CSP. The issue is you don’t have a restaurant card then in your situation. I have 4x MR with gold card for restaurants and groceries in US. 

Another alternative thing you can think about since business cards aren’t seen on credit reports, you don’t have to worry as much about opening business card and its affect on 5/24. You can do combo of CIP and Ink cash so you have 3x travel , cell phone with free insurance. , and 2x restaurants and gas covered with ink cash. Thats a pretty easy 140k UR. Ink cash also has 0% bt and 0% apr offer i believe. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have a business then definitely that would be a better choice.

If you don't then it wouldn't.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

SJ-Why would it be a better choice? Just wondering what the logic is cause I’m totally on the fence. Also, do you know of the Ink is easier or harder than CSP to get approved for? I feel it’s 50/50 for me to get approved for CSP.
Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
SJ-Why would it be a better choice? Just wondering what the logic is cause I’m totally on the fence. Also, do you know of the Ink is easier or harder than CSP to get approved for? I feel it’s 50/50 for me to get approved for CSP.

It's a better choice because

(a) it's easier to put big spend on a business card and

(b) you can always get the CSP down the road, and your getting the Ink won't count against that application, whereas if you were to get the CSP first that would count against your Ink application

I think one is no harder than the other, but there may be additional factors they will look at in your application for the Ink, such as, e.g., business volume

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.