Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Business Report Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Business Report Questions

So lets start with, I am a small business owner.

I was a sole proprietor for approximately 10 years until my largest client asked that I form an LLC, which I did in December 2014 for a 1/1/15 incorporation date.

Prior to forming the LLC, I ran all expenses (which aren't much) on a personal card.

I have a BoA business credit card with enough limit to float 3-4 times my monthly credit card business spend, I never carry a balance.

I usually pay the balance within a week of receiving the statement, but occasionally wait until the due date.

I have never gone a single day past the due date.

Amusingly BoA offers me a free D&B report (and I do have a DUNS) but they do not report to D&B.

My D&B report shows no tradelines, but it does have all of my company info correct.

BoA does not report to Experian

I pulled the report to find it sparse with no score, but the info seemed correct and I needed to update my SIC code

BoA does report to Equifax and here's where I get lost!

It doesn't have my company phone number, it has my parent's old home number and a number for a business I worked for 15 years ago.

I get it my score is low, I keep a low profile and I have one tradeline.

I don't get why my payment index is 83 if I always pay before the due date.

I don't know anything about any non financial trades.

I don't get this thing about evidence of charged off non financial accounts.

I don't have any charged off non financial accounts.

I have no idea what this 8/24/2001 date is under non financial and everything is NR.

I have been in business since 2004.

ScreenHunter_258.jpg

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Business Report Questions

Here is an update.  If you think EQ gives you the run around for your personal report, just wait until you speak with them on your business report.

I paid $99 for my business report.

It does not have any detailed items on it, just the summary you see above.

It does have a number to call and discuss the report.

When you call the number on the equifax small business report to discuss the items on your business credit report, they transfer you to business disputes.

Business disputes will not discuss what is on the summary provided to you, they will instead mail you a copy of your business report for free and you will receive it in 7-10 business days.

Once you receive the report, you may then dispute in writing.

They won't even discuss the fact they have the wrong phone number listed, when a simple search of your company online will provide the correct phone number listed with the secretary of state where your company is domiciled.

They can't explain why they have data from 2001 listed on your report even though they acknowledge that your corporation was formed on 1/1/15.

They can only send you a report for free (even though you paid $99) and you may dispute in writing.

This should be fun...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.