cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experian shows grade B?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Experian shows grade B?

Hi. I pulled my reports from Nav app and it shows Experian grade B. Just wondering if it means anything?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Experian shows grade B?

Tough to say for exactly what those mean in terms of numeric value, but B is most likely pays slightly late or missed a few payments.  One way to be sure is to pay $25 for a single month so you can see the actual info and then cancel and go back to free.

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I just opened few tradelines and those I had shouldn’t have any lates.
I will pull the report in October to see everything
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Established Contributor

The letter grade that Nav gives is supposed to correlate to the number that Experian assigns your individual business profile. Experian gives you a 1-100 score based upon risk; Nav gives an A-Z score. Loosely, think Vantage Scrore vs. FICO score. 

A B rating means “caution”. Most likely you have little history and/or some new inquiries. 

Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Gold, Blue Cash Preferred, Schwab Investor
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
NFCU: Flaghship Rewards, Cash Rewards, More Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome, IT
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
PenFed: Power Cash Rewards
Alliant: Visa Signature
Store Cards: Target, Macy’s
AU Cards: Citi Rewards+

Business Credit-
AMEX: Delta Gold, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
PNC: Visa Business
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditSweeper wrote:

The letter grade that Nav gives is supposed to correlate to the number that Experian assigns your individual business profile. Experian gives you a 1-100 score based upon risk; Nav gives an A-Z score. Loosely, think Vantage Scrore vs. FICO score. 

A B rating means “caution”. Most likely you have little history and/or some new inquiries. 

@CreditSweeper is correct. grade "B", is still "ok". I have a "B" as well, and it just means I have little  business credit history showing with few cards. I only have 3 accts showing, all in perfect standing and payment history.  Im good on the INQ too, none in the last 6 months. Once the file is built up some, and youve had the accts reporting for awhile longer, that should eventually change. 

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I have a B as well, with 3 accounts and only 1 HP. Lowe's and 2 Amex, HP is from Lowe's. All since March/April.

So I'm hoping it works similar to Personal Credit, and in 6 months I can think about apping for another card. By then my util on personal will also be much lower.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.