Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exxon/Mobil - No PG - $2000.00 **Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exxon/Mobil - No PG - $2000.00 **Approval

@Conceptual23 wrote:

My application was declined due to insufficient business credit.  

I had such a hard time with a few Citi apps, but I kept submitting them and eventually I got them all.  CLI's are tough as well, they have pulled my personal credit on a few, even through the account has no PG.  I've screamed at a few reps over that, and although they promised to retract the inquiry, they are still showing.

Message 11 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Conceptual23 wrote:

I had such a hard time with a few Citi apps, but I kept submitting them and eventually I got them all.  CLI's are tough as well, they have pulled my personal credit on a few, even through the account has no PG.  I've screamed at a few reps over that, and although they promised to retract the inquiry, they are still showing.

@Anonymous, Would you mind sharing your Citi backed cards that you hold? .. Thanks

Message 12 of 17
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@Conceptual23 wrote:

Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 17
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous @I can imagine how annoying that was.  What was your reason for being declined?  How long did you wait before reapplying?

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Conceptual23 wrote:

@Anonymous, Would you mind sharing your Citi backed cards that you hold? .. Thanks

Sorry I wasn't paying attention :-).   Staples, Office Depot, Sunoco, Exxon, Home Depot.  

The Luv button asks for your SS as a mandatory field, so if you submit that way, they will pull your personal credit, even though the line is Biz Only.  So I recommend you either stick with the SL you get or phone in your CLI request, but even then they're going to ask for the your SS.  

Home Depot was a the toughest one, I was denied 20 times for that card, and always just threw the letters out after they arrived, but the last time I decided to call the number on the letter.  I asked the rep why I kept getting denied for this card when I had other Citi cards, which she didn't have an answer, but she asked me if I would hold while she looked the application over to see if she could figure out why it was denied.  A few minutes later she came back and said she couldn't find a reason why it was denied, and if I wanted she could approve it for $10k, I said alright.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Conceptual23 wrote:

@Anonymous @I can imagine how annoying that was.  What was your reason for being declined?  How long did you wait before reapplying?

I was app'ing practically every 30 or so.  At first they kept saying my business was 3 or more years old, or at least that's not what Experian was reporting.  I was able to get the rep for Office Depot to look at D&B and when he came back he acknowleged they showed longer than 3 years, and offered a $500 SL, which I took, but wasn't very happy about.  Later I got a CLI to $3k.  

Staples, I received a call telling me I didn't submit the authorizing Officer section of the application, which I knew I did, because it was still on the Fax machine.  I resubmitted it, and that rep called me back and said she needed a few hours to look it over, but never called back.  The following month I faxed the app again, and received a call, this time the rep said the same thing, at which I told her about the previous app, she put me on hold for a few, came back, said she found the missing section, needed time, would call me later, which she did and said it was approved for $2k.  

Sunoco and Exxon both were approved after 10 applications or so, again citing business not old enough, but eventually they were both approved for $1k each, but at different times.  Submitting CLI's online and both bumped to $5k each.

Citi has since updated the online CLI submittion form to require the SS of the submitting officer, and it always results in them pulling personal credit for an account that's not PG'd.  I decided it's not worth the trouble to argue with them and will keep the CL's where they are, but I fully expect Citi to sell the remaining gas cards to WEX, and when they do, I'll lose them, because that's what happened with Shell and Velaro.

For whatever reason I do not meet WEX internal guidelines for approval, so they can go to you know where....

Message 16 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Card arrived today.

Ready to use.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.