Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: FIRST EVER AMEX - Delta Gold - Have questions

@StudentSam wrote:

Thanks guys! Had to call the Amex executive office and deal with them a bit before they pushed me through. Last on my list is the Amex Business GOLD card.. Should I apply now or get some use on the plum then apply?

If you had to go the EO route it woukld be best to use the new card for 6-12 months before going for another 

They will want to see your history IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 71 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

Spent 140K on the Amex Plum since October 10th (when I got the card). Just applied for the BusinessGold and got accepted!.. now I have Delta Skymiles personal, Biz Plum, and Biz gold. Last on my list is the Platinum to one day get concierge benefits etc... I also like the SPG because I stay at a lot of Starwood properties when I do travel.

I came a long way from 507 Credit score last year, now I have a 694 and 3 Amex!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 72 of 85
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Wow congrats... I have the biz gold as well. I have spent like 240k so far in 8 months I applied for the plum back in nov and got declined. I'm hoping to reapply in April..
Message 73 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

Spent 140K on the Amex Plum since October 10th (when I got the card). Just applied for the BusinessGold and got accepted!.. now I have Delta Skymiles personal, Biz Plum, and Biz gold. Last on my list is the Platinum to one day get concierge benefits etc... I also like the SPG because I stay at a lot of Starwood properties when I do travel.

I came a long way from 507 Credit score last year, now I have a 694 and 3 Amex!! Smiley Happy

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 74 of 85
maksimfa
Contributor

Congrats on the success.

Message 75 of 85
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@StudentSam wrote:

just curious why have Plum and Biz gold? why not just get the platinum if that's what you want.

Message 76 of 85
maksimfa
Contributor

If you can support the fee for platinum, which if you travel is easy to do, between the lounge access, global entry reimbursement as well as annual airfare credit, just call amex and see if they will upgrade you from the biz gold to platinum. ....

there are also offers in the mail for up to $100k membership reward points with $10k spend, so keep an eye out on that.

Message 77 of 85
StudentSam
New Contributor

Ive been offered to run with the Platinum but Platinum addtional cards cost a lot. Amex gold additional cards are cheap and or FREE. I use multiple cards for all of my Clients i'm running Advertising for. 

I Have Amex Business Gold, Amex Business Plum, and Amex Business SPG- Gold I use for Ads to get points ( I now have over 1 million amex points on gold), Plum I run ads for my euro clients and capitalize on the 1.5% cash back (this comes out to more savings then the points for amex ), And SPG I use for dining/hotels/etc.

My goal is centurion, maybe one day. I'm only 26 now, and my company has spent over 1.2 million YTD on gold and about 280K on Plum YTD so far.

I know they have to invite me so i'll be patient. Maybe one day !

My scores also a 715 now (Transunion) and 706 (E). 

I really shot myself in the foot whne i defaulted on student loans in 09/10-- But i've paid off most of my student loans and only keep 1 (6k balance) to have a revolving account open.

My net worth is mid 7 figures so I know i'm far off from the required net worth for centurion.

I've come a LONG way from a 502 credit score and zero direction, You guys (This forum) not only got me back on my feet, you gave me the motivation to keep going and biuilding my credit 

Thank you so much! 

Starting Score: 506
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 78 of 85
audia4
Established Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Once you get the business AmEx wait a 90 days and apply for a Chase Ink. You need a couple of the big guys on your side and those are AmEx and Chase. I love them equally and could not do it without both of them. All other business credit cards are cannon fodder for points in my opinion. 

Others will chime in, in the mean while congratulations and stay focused, your business AmEx is about 90 days away!

Just a question about your comment on waiting for the business Amex for 90 days and then apply for the Chase Ink...

If your business Amex doesn't go on your personal credit, how will Chase Ink know that you have a business card? It won't be showing any history, limits, payments and so on for your personal credit, so how does this work?

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 79 of 85
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

Just a question about your comment on waiting for the business Amex for 90 days and then apply for the Chase Ink...

If your business Amex doesn't go on your personal credit, how will Chase Ink know that you have a business card? It won't be showing any history, limits, payments and so on for your personal credit, so how does this work?

Business credit card reports to business credit report. Two business CRAs you should be aware of, D&B and Experian. When you apply business credit card both personal and business credit reports will be pulled.

Message 80 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.