Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Business CC - First Bank MC

tag
AceTen
Regular Contributor

FNBO Sagestream and Excessive Inquiries AA

FYI/Warning: I've read in another thread that FNBO pulls sagesteam, so a locked sagestream could cause a denial after the "pre-approval". That said, I have never even looked at my sagestream so I am no expert.

I've gone down the FNBO AA rabit hole so that's how I found the sagestream info. Also, two members have posted in the last year that their FNBO accounts were closed for excessive inquires. The INQs were "excessive" at over 40. One member was approved for the FNBO personal card at 38 inq but then the card was closed a few months later at 42 inquiries. That member had a FICO score over 750 and 2% util.

These data points lead me to believe it would be wise to treat a new FNBO business or personal card a bit like a new Chase CSP or CSR. It seems like opening an excessive number of new accounts, or adding a lot of new inquiries, within the first 6 month of getting a new FNBO card could lead to adverse action such as a CDL or account closure.

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 11 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: FNBO Business CC - First Bank MC

Just now received an email and my FNBO Biz Visa is approved and I will be getting the card in the next 7-10 business days. I am excited. I know FNBO will come through to me. I am going to cherish and nurture my relationship with FNBO. Good luck to all of you who is waiting for the decision. Hang in there and you'll get it. 

Message 12 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Just now received an email and my FNBO Biz Visa is approved and I will be getting the card in the next 7-10 business days. I am excited. I know FNBO will come through to me. I am going to cherish and nurture my relationship with FNBO. Good luck to all of you who is waiting for the decision. Hang in there and you'll get it. 

Congrats @Red1Blue 

That's awesome!  Happy it worked out for you!!

Message 13 of 18
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

Thank you to @AceTen for posting this!

Congratulations to both @Red1Blue @jaxstraw on your new FNBO cards!    

A couple weeks ago I decided that I would try the prequal out and it offered me $15,000 at 14.24% interest, so I just couldn’t walk away from that no matter how hard I tried and pulled the trigger.  About 20 seconds later and it gave me an approval.  Everyone here has helped me get to where I’m at, so I wanted to post my data points.

Experian  - A couple minutes after the approval I got the notification of the hard pull.

My Fico 8:  742

My Fico 8 Bankcard: 749

Inquiries: 9

Util:  2%

7 New Accounts in the last 12 months.  Not all were hard pull though, i.e AMEX etc.

I have 2 - 30 day lates from 2016 that I believe are incorrect but nonetheless they are on there.  Going to try to dispute them now.  

If I missed something, just ask me and I’ll be glad to post it.

FNBO 1.PNGFNBO 2.PNG

Message 14 of 18
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi @RealEstateGuy89 Congratulations for your FNBO Card approval. It is very nice limit and low interest rate. Enjoy your New Card

Message 15 of 18
AceTen
Regular Contributor

Woohooo! Congrats on your new FNBO card,  Red1Blue! That was quite a long wait. It must have been a painful wait if you are like me. Smiley LOL

I am really enjoying my evergreen business card. I received the $200 sub the statement after completing the spending requirements. I am going for the 10k bonus with $10,000 annual spend. Quite a nice benefit compared to the personal version which is flat 2% and no added annual $100 bonus for 10k spend.

"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
Message 16 of 18
AceTen
Regular Contributor

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

Thank you to @AceTen for posting this!

Congratulations to both @Red1Blue @jaxstraw on your new FNBO cards!    

A couple weeks ago I decided that I would try the prequal out and it offered me $15,000 at 14.24% interest, so I just couldn’t walk away from that no matter how hard I tried and pulled the trigger.  About 20 seconds later and it gave me an approval.  Everyone here has helped me get to where I’m at, so I wanted to post my data points.

Experian  - A couple minutes after the approval I got the notification of the hard pull.

My Fico 8:  742

My Fico 8 Bankcard: 749

Inquiries: 9

Util:  2%

7 New Accounts in the last 12 months.  Not all were hard pull though, i.e AMEX etc.

I have 2 - 30 day lates from 2016 that I believe are incorrect but nonetheless they are on there.  Going to try to dispute them now.  

If I missed something, just ask me and I’ll be glad to post it.

FNBO 1.PNGFNBO 2.PNG

Congrats on your new FNBO mastercard! Thank you for sharing all those valuable data points. Cheers to you and good luck in the future with your business and credit adventures. 

Message 17 of 18
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Tried the link today as I am finally ready to apply...there is a waitlist now lol.

If anyone has any luck through a different link, let me know. 

EDIT: NVM, was thinking of FNBO, not First Bank. 

Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.