cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Evergreen not accepting new out of state accounts?

tag
JFox418
Regular Contributor

FNBO Evergreen not accepting new out of state accounts?

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the business or not but it sounds like it's for both.

I wanted to do the pre-qual for the business account yesterday and when I put in my zipcode, I received a message that the product wasn't available for my area and for existing customers to call in. I finally had a chance to call in today and the rep said they are not approving new accounts from out of their area and that is goes for their business and personal. Bummer, hope it opens back up.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Evergreen not accepting new out of state accounts?

@JFox418 wrote:

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the business or not but it sounds like it's for both.

I wanted to do the pre-qual for the business account yesterday and when I put in my zipcode, I received a message that the product wasn't available for my area and for existing customers to call in. I finally had a chance to call in today and the rep said they are not approving new accounts from out of their area and that is goes for their business and personal. Bummer, hope it opens back up.

I just went to the pre-qual page and it's working from California

Message 2 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JFox418 wrote:

Wow, that's quite a switch.  Maybe they had too many people taking advantage of the sweet 0% interest promo deal. It's probably not too profitable, at least in the short run, to apply 0% interest to a 2% cash back card.  I.e. for a year, they're making no money on the front end and no money on the back end.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 12
pgates
Regular Contributor

@Kforce  Once you plug in the zip (California) it's telling me it's not offered in my area. SMH it's been saying this for a few weeks. 

Edit: Personal works though 

AAFCU CB Sig Visa $8k | Wells Fargo Autograph Visa $5k | Citi Custom Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $15k | GS Apple Card $7.5k | NFCU Cash Rewards $18.5k | NFCU More Rewards $1k | BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards $1K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa $5100 | Venmo Visa $5k | Sams Club MC $2.5k | GS GM Rewards card $3k | AMEX BCP $1k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover IT CB $3K | AMEX Business Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Business Platinum Rewards $5K | GM Business MC $8.5k | Phillips66 Conoco 76 Fleet Card $1k | Fuelman MC fleet card $5K | Exxon Mobile Fleet Card $9k
Message 4 of 12
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@pgates wrote:

@Kforce  Once you plug in the zip (California) it's telling me it's not offered in my area. SMH it's been saying this for a few weeks. 

Edit: Personal works though 

Yes my try was for personal

Message 5 of 12
CCrew
Regular Contributor

I just (and i mean days ago) apped and was approved from VA. Personal card. 

Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JFox418 wrote:

It appears this has been the current trend for FNBO biz CC versions based on recent reports here in the business forums since the personal side seems to have no wait list.

Message 7 of 12
JFox418
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

Wow, that's quite a switch.  Maybe they had too many people taking advantage of the sweet 0% interest promo deal. It's probably not too profitable, at least in the short run, to apply 0% interest to a 2% cash back card.  I.e. for a year, they're making no money on the front end and no money on the back end.

Agreed, I've been hammering the personal Evergreen I was approved for 4-5 months ago. Did a BT for the %0, hit the $200 cash back incentive for spending over 3 months and put most of my daily spending on it that wasn't covered by other reward cards. I've been paying off whatever I buy with the card plus extra for the BT but yeh, they aren't making any money on me yet besides the BT fee. 

Message 8 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JFox418 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JFox418 wrote:

Agreed, I've been hammering the personal Evergreen I was approved for 4-5 months ago. Did a BT for the %0, hit the $200 cash back incentive for spending over 3 months and put most of my daily spending on it that wasn't covered by other reward cards. I've been paying off whatever I buy with the card plus extra for the BT but yeh, they aren't making any money on me yet besides the BT fee. 

Yeah, I've been hammering the business card I got about 8 months ago, and they haven't made any money on me yet either. So in the short run it's unprofitable. But of course banks are playing the long game, and in the long run I have no doubt they'll wind up owning me. 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 12
RMelli37

Hey bro if you don't mind me asking what bureau did they pull from for your Cc application. I was pre-approved abt 3 months ago. I never applied. I want to apply 2day though finally I am ready. Also, I am in GA btw here idk if that will be an issue. Lmk pls. Thanks. 

You still have to know success will come, even when you don't see the top of the staircase!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.