Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved For Conoco Sync No PG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Approved For Conoco Sync No PG

After several denied applications citing lack of references and business too new, I app'd again and received a letter asking me to call in and verify owners info.  Called number all times of day and night for more than a week, always heard recording asking me to call back during normal business hours.  I called credit solutions, the rep found my application and asked me if it was okay to pull my credit.  I told her I didn't check the PG box, she said but your info is on the application, and if she continued to process the application it would be PG'd.  I asked her to cancel the application.  She suggested I submit another application and leave my info off, but those are required fields on the application.

I submitted another application later that day and it went to 7-10 message, which is usually a denial.  I received a letter about a week later saying application couldn't be approved because it was incomplete.  So I submitted another application and received the same 7-10 day message I usually get.  Received a call this afternoon from P66 representitive asking me to verify I submitted the application.  I told him yes and he asked me to hold while he looked it over.  Rep came back about 2 minutes later congratulating me on being approved and said card would arrive in about a week in a plain white envelope.  No idea what the credit limit is, but grateful to finally be approved!

One more year for Citi backed gas cards, if they aren't transferred to WEX by then...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Approved For Conoco Sync No PG

How many apps / tls? How long in business?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How many apps / tls? How long in business?

6 applications maybe, and this LLC's file is just under 2 years old.  7 TL on Exp and 5 on DNB.  The 1st year only had Supply Works, Quill, Grainger, and denied left & right for anything else without PG.  After a year I added Chase Ink, AMEX BBP, afterwards was approved for JCP, Amazon Net55, Menards, Lowes, Dell, Sams, but still denied for Conoco until last week.

Adding Ink and BBP, really seemed to excelerate rating improvements, especially with DNB.  Citi backed cards Sunoco, ExxonMobil HomeDepot, Staples, OfficeMax, TSC, continue to be denied due to their minimum 3 yr rule on approving No PG applications.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats BTW!!! Do you think your first year may have been hindered by the lack of having a Paydex score / lack of payment experiences? Your first 3 TLs were split between DB and EX so each file would appear "light" at first glance.

Chase and AmEx catapulted you into the "revolver" category with EQ so is a layup when you can get to that stage. The strategy of building the Net accounts is to eventually get approved for "revolving" store cards and then Credit lines with major vendors so by PG'ing up front helps skip a step in the basic process.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.