Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Amex Prequal - Plum Card - No sure to believe it

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

First Amex Prequal - Plum Card - No sure to believe it

After checking every few weeks for quite some time, I finally received aie for the Plum Card.  That was heartening but am not sure to believed it.  I have not had much luck this year with so called pre-qualified "offers".  The Plum would also not be the first choice but it would get us our first major business CC  or charge card.

I am an AU on Wife's personal Gold that is 3 months old.  I have an "offer" while she does not and her EX score is @ 651 is 11 points higher with fewer derogs.  Business credit is excellent and deep with 4 year history at D&B and EX (82 & 84),  EQ business in a disaster with a split file and items that I know do not belong to us as there is reference to a past due amount but we have no such business account.

Should I take this as a good sign or give it a shot.  Our plan was to apply for a business AMEX through my Wife.

Thoughts? 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: First Amex Prequal - Plum Card - No sure to believe it

The thing is even if you provide an EIN which has history on it they'll still run the personal credit of the applicant. Is 551 her EX credit score at the present time?

For the mailer I'm assuming it's more marketing but can't say for certain. Haven't gotten one from AMEX in awhile to say for certain

Message 2 of 6
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

The thing is even if you provide an EIN which has history on it they'll still run the personal credit of the applicant. Is 551 her EX credit score at the present time?

For the mailer I'm assuming it's more marketing but can't say for certain. Haven't gotten one from AMEX in awhile to say for certain

Sorry, 651

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would just give it a shot under your specific profile and see what it yields. Do your research to compare which business charge cards would be suitable for your business needs. The nice thing about Plum, the first year AF is waived and you typically have 2 statement cycles to PIF (minimum payment required on the 1st cycle though).
Message 4 of 6
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
I would just give it a shot under your specific profile and see what it yields. Do your research to compare which business charge cards would be suitable for your business needs. The nice thing about Plum, the first year AF is waived and you typically have 2 statement cycles to PIF (minimum payment required on the 1st cycle though).

Thank you.  From reading through everything, we would likely pay within 10 days of the statement to get the 1.5% discount.  That card is not my first choice but having a "real" business card would be a step in the right direction.  The Amazon or the Gold would be better.  We currently pay 20k through our business debit cards currently aside from things we pay and then are reimbursed for on personal CC's.  Always PIF.    I had zero EX INQ's until the other day,  now only 1 after my big Chase prequal fail so I guess it would not be the end of the world.  I am leery of prequals though as I am 0/3 this year on the personal side.

Can you combine Business and Personal MR points?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 5 of 6
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Can you combine Business and Personal MR points?

Yes. good luck

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.