Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Approval: Amex Blue Business Cash

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

First Approval: Amex Blue Business Cash

For the first year my business was in... business... I operated off of mostly cash and a high SL CSP. It was fine, but I really wanted to move away from that and after poking around Nav, I noticed I had an actual Experian credit file (B) and remembered an old mailer I got from Amex a couple of months back.

Took a stab last week and was approved with no inquiry on my personal credit reports (I am an existing 2x Amex personal cardholder). Picked up the Blue Business Cash with a small SL ($2,000) but it'll see major traffic and hopefully the ideal 3x on day 61 and 3x further 6 months later makes it a bit more comfortable 😅

Update to add 12 months 0% interest was the offer.

Updated again to remove the erroneous PG statement.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: First No PG Card Approval: Amex Blue Business Cash

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 12
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Had you built out any other net 30's that you're aware of, or do you think your info was just scraped?

My two month old LLC has a "B" with EX biz per Nav, but clicking on it shows me zero accounts on file. 

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express does not do a hard pull if you are already a card member but it is not a "no PG" card. You are definitely personally guaranteeing the card. Only the corporate cards are no PG.

The card member agreement for the card has PG language in several places:

By submitting this application, you, as an individual and the Authorizing Officer of the Company, (a) are requesting us to open an Account in the name of the Company, (b) are requesting that we issue Card(s) as you direct, (c) are agreeing to be jointly and severally liable with the Company for all charges to the account,

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card-application/apply/prospect/terms/bluebusinessca...

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/us/staticassets/pdf/cardmember-agreements/blue-busi...

no hard pull not not appearing on your personal credit are independent from personally guaranteeing a debt.

Message 4 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jl4 wrote:

For the first year my business was in... business... I operated off of mostly cash and a high SL CSP. It was fine, but I really wanted to move away from that and after poking around Nav, I noticed I had an actual Experian credit file (B) and remembered an old mailer I got from Amex a couple of months back.

Took a stab last week and was approved with no PG or inquiry on my personal credit reports (I am an existing 2x Amex personal cardholder). Picked up the Blue Business Cash with a small SL ($2,000) but it'll see major traffic and hopefully the ideal 3x on day 61 and 3x further 6 months later makes it a bit more comfortable 😅

I think you do have a personal guarantee, you just don't realize it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 12
jl4
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jl4 wrote:

Took a stab last week and was approved with no PG or inquiry on my personal credit reports (I am an existing 2x Amex personal cardholder). Picked up the Blue Business Cash with a small SL ($2,000) but it'll see major traffic and hopefully the ideal 3x on day 61 and 3x further 6 months later makes it a bit more comfortable 😅

I think you do have a personal guarantee, you just don't realize it.

I might. I only skimmed through. I could have missed it. I probably misinterpreted the lack of personal inquiry. 

Message 6 of 12
jl4
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

American Express does not do a hard pull if you are already a card member but it is not a "no PG" card. You are definitely personally guaranteeing the card. Only the corporate cards are no PG.

The card member agreement for the card has PG language in several places:

By submitting this application, you, as an individual and the Authorizing Officer of the Company, (a) are requesting us to open an Account in the name of the Company, (b) are requesting that we issue Card(s) as you direct, (c) are agreeing to be jointly and severally liable with the Company for all charges to the account,

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card-application/apply/prospect/terms/bluebusinesscash-credit-card/45094-9-0?key=tncBody&rwdFlag=rwd#offer-terms

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/us/staticassets/pdf/cardmember-agreements/blue-business-cash/blue-business-cash-12-31-2019.pdf

no hard pull not not appearing on your personal credit are independent from personally guaranteeing a debt.

Good find. Thanks for clearing that up! 👍🏻

Message 7 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your new business card! 👍🏻 

Message 8 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: First Approval: Amex Blue Business Cash

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Approval: Amex Blue Business Cash

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.