Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Biz CC

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

First Biz CC

I have personal CCs, which I use for some biz expenses. Now that I've established some good credit, I'd like to get a biz card. I was wondering how that works. I'm a sole proprietor, so it would be my SSN and CR.

Do biz cards ask for financials or tax returns? Are they harder to get than psnl CCs?

Any tips or suggestions? I'm considering Chase Ink, but Chase has been pretty frugal w/me for my personal CCs.

What are some good/easier biz CCs. Note: I'm not looking for BT, convenience cks, etc., like another thread was mentioning. I'm just looking for a good, rewards (?) biz card, keeping in mind that I don't think I have any biz credit history.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Biz CC

Chase pre-approved me when I had nothing on my credit but an HSBC card that was showing 2 lates and a FICO ~600, but I had a business bank account with them for 2 years, so they could see income info.  Most business cards that I've seen only want to know how long you've been in business and how much you gross.  

Cap1 Spark is easy to get, has decent rewards IMO.

Message 2 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! Not crazy about Cap One's triple pull for CCs. Don't know why chase has been so stingy with my CLs when other CCs have been generous.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 6
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:
Thanks! Not crazy about Cap One's triple pull for CCs. Don't know why chase has been so stingy with my CLs when other CCs have been generous.

Yeh, the triple pull is a bit much, but they do CLI with only a soft, so I guess that makes up for it, at least to an extent.

Message 4 of 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

I am self-employed (one-person LLC), and was approved for the Chase Ink Cash a little over a year ago, with high scores and low income.  I got a $7K CL.

This is still my first recommendation.  Others I'd consider are Amex Simply Cash and US Bank Business Cash Rewards.  If you can make use of MR points, then there's Amex Blue Business.

One thing I'd check on carefully is whether the business CC reports to your personal CR.  The Amex and Chase and Citi business cards do not, as far as I know.  I don't know about US Bank, and Cap One may report to personal.

I've never been asked for financials or tax returns, and the business cards are PG; you specify your SSN and are personally liable for the cards.

Message 5 of 6
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

I am self-employed (one-person LLC), and was approved for the Chase Ink Cash a little over a year ago, with high scores and low income.  I got a $7K CL.

This is still my first recommendation.  Others I'd consider are Amex Simply Cash and US Bank Business Cash Rewards.  If you can make use of MR points, then there's Amex Blue Business.

One thing I'd check on carefully is whether the business CC reports to your personal CR.  The Amex and Chase and Citi business cards do not, as far as I know.  I don't know about US Bank, and Cap One may report to personal.

I've never been asked for financials or tax returns, and the business cards are PG; you specify your SSN and are personally liable for the cards.

+1 everything above plus I can tell you that US Bank does not report business cards to personal report. Go for the Ink Cash. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.