Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Business Credit Card. Who gives higher limits? Amex / Chase /

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Business Credit Card. Who gives higher limits? Amex / Chase /

Hi Everyone!

Im ready to open my first business credit card as we need  to separate bus expenses from personal.

Read a lot about Chase Ink VS Amex but nor sure which one to apply to for higher CL? May be I should even apply for both of them at the same time?

I have a 6 figure turn over annualy and ideally looking for a card with 20K+ as spending will be around 15K monthly.

Will be paying of balance weekly.

Have been banking in Chase for 3 + years but hear they are very conservetive with their limits.

Would love to hear you about your expreinces with them and any advice on getting higher CL is highly appreciated!

--

Personal CS 730 @ credit ulitilization of about 25% could make it smaller if it is a deal breaker.

Personal limit $10.500 on capital one + discover.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Business Credit Card. Who gives higher limits? Amex / Chase /

Chase gives good limits $20k+ shouldn’t be a problem if you are running 7 figures through your checking account. If it was me, I would drop my personal utilization down to about 2% on one card on my report before applying. If you are even slightly concerned go into a branch and see a business rep.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

my mistake, mistype 6 figures, not 7.. Thanks!

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express or Chase probably give highest although recently someone posted $30k on Cap1 but that also reports to Personal Credit which is concern for many.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I run high 6 figures in revenue.  Report very low 6 figures AGI.  Chase gave me high 5 figures in limit on Ink Cash.

My BoA business cards were low 5 figures at the time I got my Chase Card.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if this info will help as I am in a way different boat, but Chase gave me $6500 on an Ink Cash when I told them my annual revenue was only $13000. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got only $12K on Chase Ink when approved. Can't wait til CLI time. Our Capt 1 Spark limit is $16K.  We use an  Amex BCP for personal which has the highest limit $20K

I think Amex for Biz might give you the best. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about Amex or Chase, but Cap1 Spark gave me a very decent SL of $30k. I've had my card for about a week. I really like the simplicity of the mobile app and everything in general. 2% unlimited CB. Only downfall is it reports to your personal credit.

Scores are in the 800s and credit utilization of about 4%. Hope that helps.
Message 8 of 11
Spnshfirefighter

I just applied for Chase business card and got 39k limit.

Have Low 700 score and less than one years time in business. I don’t have a biz ckng but do have personal chk account. 400k rev for biz and pay myself 200k.

Message 9 of 11
remarc
Regular Contributor

Spnshfirefighter what is your business if you dont mind me asking?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.