Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First timer

tag
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

First timer

Hello for a new business that’s been open since 2018 but just recently started making income what would be the right steps in making sure it gets off on the right foot? I mean credit wise. I got approved for a US Bank business credit card for 3K under the business EIN and my social but I wonder if I should try to get three right off the bat so that it has more than just one small credit card working it’s history. What do you guys think? Also for the establish business owners, who do you guys use for book keeping? Is quick books the way to go?
As of 11/28/2018
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: First timer

Welcome and congrats on the CC for your business.

I'd start by reading the pinned post at the top of this forum called Business 101.

Lots of great info summed up there.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many other BIZ CC's do you currently have? Amex has pretty decent line up, and you should be okay if US approved you.

However, like the personal side try to keep INQ and new accounts to a minimum. And spread them out, don't go on any app sprees.

Congrats on the USB by the way!

Been considering them recently, but I know thay can be fairly conservative. And only 1 TL has been reporting since June. 

Message 3 of 6
Np1791
Frequent Contributor

I currently only have the US Bank one. That got approved a couple days ago. Thank you!
As of 11/28/2018
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always wondered if anyone has ever been flagged for a Net 30 app spree? INQs would be the flag however I wonder if the standards are a lot looser for flagging vs the personal side.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's entirely possible I guess, people have been cautioned against opening too may in a short period of time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.