MSC - Net 30 ($500)
Wilmar - $1000
SupplyWorks - $1000
Venturelogix - Net 30
Spark Business - $500
Global industrial - Net 30
Quill - Denied Net 30 regarless of them
billing me for the first order.
Grainger- Denied me credit due to not having a DUNS number.
Experian is reporting a 85 score and 1 tradeline.
Equifax not reporting any tradelines.
I ordered my DUNS on 11/28/2017.Does anyone know whether its advisable to go with the D&B credit builder? D&B offered me one for $599.
Also should i continue to apply for Vendor Business credit? PG is not an option for me.
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Formed New LLC in October 2017

There is no reason to use the D&B credit builder product. Your report can grow organically for less than $600 of overpaying for things you actually need.

As for PG... I went and read your other posts. What is you real goal in business credit? It will help us understand what you are really looking for. Otherwise you are likely to get poor advice.
Message 2 of 40
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

@Inverse thanks for your post. Great question. Besides being able to obtain Business credit from others when you build a solid business credibility company, business credit can help provide my company with funding leverage which is a great option to use for expansion. In addition, I would like to build a solid business that can "stand alone" in the business credit space without having to rely on personal funding sources.
Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I was looking for something a little less nebulous and a little more concrete with my question.

Message 4 of 40
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

@Inverse my conscious is very clear that I'm determined to build a business that can rely on its self in both the credit resource space and profit space. I'm not sure what answer you were looking for but it shouldn't be what you wanna hear but what the owner's mission is whether good or bad. Building a business starts from the ground up keeping in mind however long it may take. By the way has any of you out there been able to recently build your business from ground up while incorporating business credit?
Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think he was looking for something like "I want to be able secure a 50k loan" or "be able to finance a new vehicle or building" or something along those lines so he could offer more tailored advice, rather than a general statement.

I wish you luck, I'm in the same boat as you, just a couple months behind.
Message 6 of 40
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Go figure.....so why not just come out and state that if this is the case.

Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kasuito actually im with inverse on this. Your question/answer is rather confusing and long, but I will take a wild guess.

If PG is out of the question, then you will have to resort to building your business credit rather slowly by initially counting on the vendors you are already with.

PG is actually not that bad and if you have a good personal credit, getting business credit in visa/mastercard/amex form is really not that difficult, even if your business is new.

Most banks will not grant you visa/mastercard credit without PG unless you have a great relationship with your local bank or if you can prove them you have enough collateral or business income to give them leverage.

Message 8 of 40
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input.
Does anyone know whether FedEx Kinkos reports to the Credit Bureaus? I needed to to use there shipping services and applied for there NET 30 account and to my surprise they instantly approved me for $15000. No one in the store seemed to know whether or not they report. I called the commercial customer line and i got run around with most not being unable to answer a basic question.
Message 9 of 40
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Quick update on recent approvals and progress:
1. Quill - Net 30
2. Grainger - Net 30
3. BP Business Solutions Universal Fuels Management Master Card - 500 CL
4. Vista Print - Net 30
5. Closed Venturelogix account. Rip off. Never reported anywhere even after 3 months subscription and timely payment (paid 7-10 days early).
6. Received Duns number 5 days ago
7. Experian Business score at 91
8. Paydex score not reporting yet, hoping soon.
9. No PG on my BP MC & CO Spark approvals. Very impressed with this.
10 . Off to the garden until Paydex is generated in order to fully move to the revolving step.
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.