Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting around 5/24 rule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting around 5/24 rule?

Is there anyway around the 5/24 rule with Chase? Recently applied for one of their Biz CC's & was denied due to "having too many accounts opened in the past 24 months". I applied not knowing that the Biz CC's applied to their 5/24 rules as well, however I have Sapphire Resevere & Freedom cards from Chase but wanted to move over to their business products but don't want to wait two years to do so. What do you guys suggest?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Getting around 5/24 rule?

Unless you get a green/black checkmark offer which should show up on your online account there's nothing you can do but wait it out

Supposedly you can bypass it through a BRM to get an approval still but I'm not too sure on that at all

Message 2 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there anyway around the 5/24 rule with Chase? Recently applied for one of their Biz CC's & was denied due to "having too many accounts opened in the past 24 months". I applied not knowing that the Biz CC's applied to their 5/24 rules as well, however I have Sapphire Resevere & Freedom cards from Chase but wanted to move over to their business products but don't want to wait two years to do so. What do you guys suggest?

The ways to bypass 5/24 are:

1. Get a preapproval on the site, in the mail, or in a branch

2. Submit a paper application through your Business Relationship Manager in your branch

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually did go through the branch manager & was still denied for that reason...she also submitted a reconsideration for me as well after I was denied. Still haven't hear anything back but I'm sure they didn't approve me

Message 4 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually did go through the branch manager & was still denied for that reason...she also submitted a reconsideration for me as well after I was denied. Still haven't hear anything back but I'm sure they didn't approve me

Sorry to hear that. Then you'll just have to wait to get back under 5/24 or keep checking online for your offers to see if Chase will throw you a preapproval for their business cards

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA & Amex have nice biz cards too -- maybe a thought. 

Reminds me of a 70's song: If you can't love the one you want, love the one you're with. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved 21k between two Amex biz cards both instant approvals. BOA denied me though, now waiting to hear back from Navy Fed!

Message 7 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got approved 21k between two Amex biz cards both instant approvals. BOA denied me though, now waiting to hear back from Navy Fed!

NFCU's business department is not user friendly like its consumer department.

But if you submitted their lengthy application, I guess you've already learned that.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah most definitely has been a process, hate the fact that you actually have to print the app out & physically sign it...what are the requirements for navy fed business cards do you know?

Message 9 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah most definitely has been a process, hate the fact that you actually have to print the app out & physically sign it...what are the requirements for navy fed business cards do you know?

My experience with Navy Fed's credit applications is simply creepy.

And if you ever want to apply for a CLI, they make you fill out the entire 6 page paper application all over again. It's horrible. I wish I'd known before I got involved with them. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.