Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gold Amex to business gold card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gold Amex to business gold card

Can you convert your Gold Amex to business gold card without it taking a hit on your credit? Anyone done this before? Or is it even possible?

Thank you to anyone that can shine light...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gold Amex to business gold card

I did find out you can NOT upgrade your normal Gold to a Business Gold. You must complete an application. I did just receive a conformation telling me I'm pre-approved. Now, this isn't 100% correct that you would be approved, correct? I like the Gold business for the fact if I needed to pay over time on a larger business purchase I can make payments rather than paying in full.

Anyone use this cards and like or dislike it?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You are invited to apply for the Business Gold Card.

I logged into my Amex account and had this bold text message "Congratulations!  You are invited to apply for the American Business Gold Card. I already have a Gold Amex and a Blue preffered Amex.

My question is this... Is this an approval or do I still have to go through the process? I am in the process of starting a new business not sure how they would know that. I don't have the business license just yet as we are doing the build out at the location nor the business license just yet. This is a new start-up.

With that said... it ask what your annual income is. I haven't made a dime just yet. I'm also a sole owner with no investors nor partners. I do make $123,000. 

What do you do when it comes to the income? 0- or the $123,000 it's a little confusing. I don't even know the name of my business yet. We are working on that too.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Congratulations! You are invited to apply for the Business Gold Card.

Not a pre-approval. Just an invite to try.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are doing build out but don’t have a name for the business or a business license, etc yet?

Either way, you can apply for the card a sole prop. The app will ask for both business revenue and personal income. If you have $0 business revenue, you will have to list that.
Message 5 of 9
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Might be a good idea to put your predicted business income instead of your personal income.  I'm sure others can have much more solid experiences.

I had the same offer in December which was weird because I only had one existing credit card and was approved earlier that morning for an Amex Everyday card.  I couldn't really justify the annual fee for the Gold, so I decided to apply for the Business Blue Simply Cash.  I had been running a small (very small) business for a decade but never really though about a business card until I saw the pre-qual.

Anyway, in the app I put down the amount of business income at $2k and was instant approved for that amount.  I think I could have gotten more but I didn't want to push it.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 6 of 9
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Amex pre-approvals are pretty solid.

Since the Gold is a charge card, makes approval easier then revolving cards. You have a good shot at it!!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you found, cannot product change across personal vs small business.

Please do the math on rewards structure vs annual fee.

For many people the Amex SimplyCash Plus may be a better card.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, we are doing the build out and do not have the exact name for the business just yet. We have a few names that we are bouncing around.

It will be at least 60 days before build out is completed. Not having a business license is not required until move in date. Most likely I'll be doing a LLC. Of course this will be completed prior to soft opening. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.