Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Approved for Amex Blue Business Plus question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Approved for Amex Blue Business Plus question

First time poster, great information to be found here.

So my question is, I had one card with Amex already and applied for the BBP and initially it told me pending application but in a few minutes I got the email saying it was approved.  My question is, I wanted to put freezes on my credit reports and just wonding if Amex would do a hard pull days after being approved for a card?  I read that there is a chance they just do a soft pull if your a customer.  I didn't get any alerts about them doing a hard inquiry, they use Experian for me so I don't really have anything that triggers an alert like Credit Karma for them.

I actually did the freezes already but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got Approved for Amex Blue Business Plus question

If you didn't get hit with alerts by now you're not going to get a HP.

Freeze them if you want.

BTW you can sign up for a free Experian account on their website that includes montioring / alerts.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, thanks.  I didn't see they had a free option, most of these places seem to be $10-$30 a month, I did sign up tho and no hard inq from Amex outside of the first  one.

Message 3 of 6
ironchef
Regular Contributor

congrats on  the new Card! I have a question ... did you have a personal card or Biz with them before you applied?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal card, the Cash Magnet.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!  Congratulations on the approval.  AMEX typically does SP for existing members, so you're probably okay.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.