Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

Just applied for a corporate Amex with my new promotion at work and Amex checked my personal with a HP. **bleep** it.

Does having a corporate card helps getting a personal Amex later on or no?

my scores are good but length of history is still too new to a personal Amex.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

I think it might.

My mom had a corporate Amex for years and when she was approved for her first personal Amex (2015), the member since date was the earlier corporate date (2004).
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, keep in mind that AMEX has two types of corporate cards: employee-pay cards and corporate-pay cards.

Based on the HP on personal credit, I’m assuming this is an employee-pay card. Are you responsible for completing expense reports, getting reimbursement for business expenses from your company, and paying the card bill yourself? If so, keep in mind that delinquencies (I believe it’s only delinquencies over 180 days, but don’t quote me on that) on the employee-pay corporate card will be reported to personal credit reports.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not paying the bill myself. Just submitting the expenses.

im still thinking once my credit has some history I’ll be able to get an Amex. But you know how it goes..once you can get it you won’t care anymore. 

Message 4 of 5
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I had a Corporate Card thru a previous employer...

Most Corp Amex cards are company paid.. but still give you the option of paying yourself...

The company..and yourself are BOTH respobsible... unless you were declined - then the company would have to do a company only guarantee.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.