cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

Just applied for a corporate Amex with my new promotion at work and Amex checked my personal with a HP. **bleep** it.

Does having a corporate card helps getting a personal Amex later on or no?

my scores are good but length of history is still too new to a personal Amex.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

I think it might.

My mom had a corporate Amex for years and when she was approved for her first personal Amex (2015), the member since date was the earlier corporate date (2004).
Message 2 of 5
Frequent Contributor

Also, keep in mind that AMEX has two types of corporate cards: employee-pay cards and corporate-pay cards.

Based on the HP on personal credit, I’m assuming this is an employee-pay card. Are you responsible for completing expense reports, getting reimbursement for business expenses from your company, and paying the card bill yourself? If so, keep in mind that delinquencies (I believe it’s only delinquencies over 180 days, but don’t quote me on that) on the employee-pay corporate card will be reported to personal credit reports.
Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Green, Cash Magnet, Schwab Investor
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
NFCU: Flaghship Rewards, Cash Rewards, More Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
Store Cards: Target
AU Cards: Citi Rewards+

Business Credit-
AMEX: Blue Business Plus, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Not paying the bill myself. Just submitting the expenses.

im still thinking once my credit has some history I’ll be able to get an Amex. But you know how it goes..once you can get it you won’t care anymore. 

Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

I had a Corporate Card thru a previous employer...

Most Corp Amex cards are company paid.. but still give you the option of paying yourself...

The company..and yourself are BOTH respobsible... unless you were declined - then the company would have to do a company only guarantee.

Family Member made me an AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001, 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001, 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 , 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900, 2008 Macys Amex $1900, 2008 Kohls $2,000, 2008 JC Penny $4,500, 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500, 2019 SDFCU PowerCash Visa $10,000, 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600, 2018 HSN $4,500, and 2016 Local Credit Union Visa $5,000. Waiting on them to all report over the next month... Only Kohls is reporting so far... WITH AGE. They use AZEO method.
Member of:
Andrews FCU (Share), PENFED CU (Checking/Share), SDFCU (Share), Alliant CU (Checking/Share), NASA FCU (Share), NWFCU (Checking/Share), Ally Bank (Checking/Savings), BofA (Checking/Share), Navigant CU (Share), Greenwood CU (Share), Elements Financial CU (Share), Ocean State CU (Share), SDFCU (Share), Wells Fargo (Checking), RI Credit Union (Share), CashApp, PayPal Premier (for free direct deposit access with cash card), Paypal Business - Grandfathered 1.5% Cash Back on Biz Debit), Apple Pay Cash, and Venmo.
I WANT to join: Hanscom FCU (For the 2 day early direct deposit).
Burned:
DCU, NFCU, Comenity, Synchrony, Barclays, Discover, Amex, Webbank (Avant), Santander, Citi (Shell), DSNB (Macys), TDRCS (Target+Nordstrom), Capital One (Personal & Business, Kohls, and GM), CreditFirst(Firestone)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.