cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

TTledaron
Contributor

Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

Just applied for a corporate Amex with my new promotion at work and Amex checked my personal with a HP. **bleep** it.

Does having a corporate card helps getting a personal Amex later on or no?

my scores are good but length of history is still too new to a personal Amex.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Re: Got a corporate Amex with work and I got a HP on my personal Credit

I think it might.

My mom had a corporate Amex for years and when she was approved for her first personal Amex (2015), the member since date was the earlier corporate date (2004).
Message 2 of 5
CreditSweeper
Established Contributor

Also, keep in mind that AMEX has two types of corporate cards: employee-pay cards and corporate-pay cards.

Based on the HP on personal credit, I’m assuming this is an employee-pay card. Are you responsible for completing expense reports, getting reimbursement for business expenses from your company, and paying the card bill yourself? If so, keep in mind that delinquencies (I believe it’s only delinquencies over 180 days, but don’t quote me on that) on the employee-pay corporate card will be reported to personal credit reports.
Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Gold, Green, Blue Cash Preferred
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
BOA: Cash Rewards
NFCU: Flagship Rewards, Cash Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome, IT
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
PenFed: Power Cash Rewards, Platinum Rewards
Alliant: Visa Signature
Goldman Sachs: Apple Card
BBVA: Clear Points
FNBO: Rewards
Store Cards: Target, Macy’s

Business Credit-
AMEX: Delta Gold, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
PNC: Visa Business
Synchrony: Lowes
Message 3 of 5
TTledaron
Contributor

Not paying the bill myself. Just submitting the expenses.

im still thinking once my credit has some history I’ll be able to get an Amex. But you know how it goes..once you can get it you won’t care anymore. 

Message 4 of 5
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I had a Corporate Card thru a previous employer...

Most Corp Amex cards are company paid.. but still give you the option of paying yourself...

The company..and yourself are BOTH respobsible... unless you were declined - then the company would have to do a company only guarantee.

+AU on: 2008 Sears MC $2,001 | 2016 SEARS Store Card $2,001 | 2011 Synchrony Home $5,500 | 2003 FNBO Visa $9,900 | 2008 Macys Amex $3,400 | 2008 Kohls $2,000 | 2008 JC Penny $500 | 2016 TJX Mastercard $1,500 | 2018 AAdvantage Aviator MC $5,600 | 2018 HSN $4,500
Member of: Andrews FCU | PENFED CU | SDFCU | Alliant CU | NASA FCU | NWFCU | Ally Bank | BofA | Merrill | Greenwood CU | Elements Financial CU | Ocean State CU | Wells Fargo | Citizens Bank | Chase Bank | RI Credit Union | US Financial FCU
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.