Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got denied/approved Capital One Spark Cash Plus/Spark Cash Select

tag
Thammer
New Contributor

Got denied/approved Capital One Spark Cash Plus/Spark Cash Select

Not sure what to make of this or if I should try to call/recon with Cap1. Basically I cold apped for the Cash Plus NPSL 2% card. Got a message that while I wasn't approved for that, I was approved for the Cash Select 1.5% card with a decent SL. Didn't want to waste the hard pull so I accepted. However, I got a welcome/you're approved email from Cap1 saying explicitly that I am approved for the Cash Plus NPSL card. Did they just send the wrong email? Or was I initially approved then denied for the lesser card? I really wanted that one, but I'm OK with the other for now. I'm just wondering if this is worth a call to them or not. I have not received an email regarding teh Spark Cash Select at all by the way.

cap1.PNG

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Got denied/approved Capital One Spark Cash Plus/Spark Cash Select

If you were approved for a different product vs the intended one, Capital One doesn't do reconsiderations, unfortunately. Did you get a triple-whipple when you applied?

With that said, wait until you have receipt of the card to know which one you were actually approved for. There can be situations where they could have sent the wrong 'welcome' information, but that's typically rare.  Update your thread once you have it in hand. This can be a good DP for others.

Message 2 of 12
Thammer
New Contributor

I didn't think they would. Thanks for clearing it up before I waited on hold with them. So far I've only gotten alerts for Equifax and Transunion but I'm assuming I'll get one for Experian soon as well. Yeah I thought it was weird how it specifically detailed I was approved for that card. And as of now I still don't have an approved email for the other card. I'll definitely keep you all posted when I receive the card on what it actually is. 

Message 3 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Fingers-crossed you got approved for the NPSL version and not the other. And, if you were approved for the other one, at least an approval vs a denial.

Message 4 of 12
Thammer
New Contributor

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping as well. I don't really  mind either way since it's an approval, but was really going for the NPSL card. 

Message 5 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

This is the one I want! 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 6 of 12
Thammer
New Contributor

Figured I'd update, they sent the 1.5% card, not the 2% NPSL. Not overy excited about another 1.5% card but it is what it is. Another negative is that this morning it reported on my credit report. I'd thought Cap1 new business cards weren't being reported? I guess that changed or maybe I read it wrong somewhere. 

Message 7 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Thammer wrote:

Figured I'd update, they sent the 1.5% card, not the 2% NPSL. Not overy excited about another 1.5% card but it is what it is. Another negative is that this morning it reported on my credit report. I'd thought Cap1 new business cards weren't being reported? I guess that changed or maybe I read it wrong somewhere. 

There are too many reports of that happening to think it's an accident.  I think one still has to assume that a Capital One business card will report on one's personal credit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I'm not aware of an either/or situation.  Wondering if in the verbiage of the app process with Cap1's newest card if that language is there.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Thammer wrote:

Thanks for the update and DPs, OP. 

Well, bummer. I guess this DP confirms they can switch to a different card if UW criteria isn't met to qualify for the NPSL version ☹️

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.