Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? ANY ADVICE?

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? ANY ADVICE?

I recently started a home based business. I have not applied for any credit yet today this showed up? How did this happen? Has anyone ever seen this before?20200731_140915.jpg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? ANY ADVICE?

You didnt apply for PPP, EIDL, a bridge loan, anything SBA related?  ODA = Office of Disaster Assistance.  If you didnt, Id definitely call the SBA and ask if someone has requested a loan under your biz name.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 2 of 12
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

No I didn't. I literally just started the business. Hasn't been 30 days.

Message 3 of 12
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Reddit has a fantastic eidl thread.  Thats the 2nd place Id look.  1st, SBA tier 1 support.

@redE2move wrote:

No I didn't. I literally just started the business. Hasn't been 30 days.

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 4 of 12
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

So turns out some IDIOT did indeed apply for a loan in my name.  SBA was adamant that it would have been shot down with the info they provided.  However, I did ask what would've happened if it went through and I don't feel I got a solid response.  I'd also like to add how uncomfortable it feels to talk with these (FBA) associates when you hear kids and dogs in the background.  I know, I know that were in a pandemic and people are working from home but, if someone has stolen my identity and submitted an app using my info, how am I going to be able to give you an application number? Now, I have to give you my SSN to verify and all I keep thinking is gosh I pray I'm talking to a real agent and not some random joe giving them more of my info.  Yes, I know what number I called but my point is how well is this all being monitored when the workers are not actually at the workplace or facilities.  Yikes!  I just feel violated and need to vent. Hopefully this all ends well.

Message 5 of 12
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Are they going to take the inquiry off?  This makes my head spin with 1 million questions....

Sorry and I hope you do have a good outcome.

Message 6 of 12
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@redE2move wrote:

So turns out some IDIOT did indeed apply for a loan in my name.  SBA was adamant that it would have been shot down with the info they provided.  However, I did ask what would've happened if it went through and I don't feel I got a solid response.  I'd also like to add how uncomfortable it feels to talk with these (FBA) associates when you hear kids and dogs in the background.  I know, I know that were in a pandemic and people are working from home but, if someone has stolen my identity and submitted an app using my info, how am I going to be able to give you an application number? Now, I have to give you my SSN to verify and all I keep thinking is gosh I pray I'm talking to a real agent and not some random joe giving them more of my info.  Yes, I know what number I called but my point is how well is this all being monitored when the workers are not actually at the workplace or facilities.  Yikes!  I just feel violated and need to vent. Hopefully this all ends well.

Somebody applied....and was approved.....for unemployment and pandemic assistance in my wife's name.

All her info but filed as 'self employed'.

Unfortunately for the scammers NYS sent the debit cards directly to my house instead of whatever bank info they used !!!!.....lol.

The kicker is NYS Labor Dept kept fighting my wife when she was reporting it as a fraudulent claim.....they eventually conceded it was after a few weeks ,several dept transfers, and my wifes persistent phone calls.

She had a stack of unused debit cards by the time it was resolved.

We still have no idea how they got her info.....associated it with some self employed business....and bypassed her SSN and matched it to a different type of tax document.

Weird.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 7 of 12
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Whoa! That's insane! I'm glad her persistence paid off. Can you imagine how detrimental that could have been had they gotten a hold of those cards?  I hope they're able to catch the culprits for both her and I.  Send em to the big house! Book em Danno!

Message 8 of 12
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

SBA said I should file a dispute and they would confirm the identity fraud.  This should remove the inquiry thereby giving me the points I lost back. 

Message 9 of 12
Eagles2018
Valued Member

Can I ask where this showed up-personal credit report or business report?

I had something similar I had applied for EIDL(only got advance), decided to apply for PPP two weeks ago and got response that an application had already been submitted for business. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.