cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO START BUSINESS CREDIT..............

tag
hawaii12
New Contributor

HOW TO START BUSINESS CREDIT..............

Aloha everyone,

I am interested in starting a business in Georgia and Hawaii which I currently have  over 8 years experience in but the Question I have for everyone that knows How do I start business credit and not use my person credit? I would like to run the business of my business credit if I can or can you do that at all? Any advice will be helpful

Mahalo

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: HOW TO START BUSINESS CREDIT..............

Personal credit is going to be the foundation of what you do...not only in the short run but also the long run.

I have yet to get any kind of credit without personal credit pulls. When you have an established business credit file, they will look at that too but they will ALWAYS pull your personal.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 2 of 5
hawaii12
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply so How do I get business credit started?

Message 3 of 5
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

1. Get registered as a business. Either do this by incorporating and getting an Employer ID Number (EIN) or using your social if your just going to be a sole proprietorship. 

2. Then get vendors or anyone who does business with you to report your activity to Dunn and Bradstreet (and Equifax business and Experian Business). This is more easily accomplished by calling D&B and getting a DUNS Number (your ID). You would then look for your vendors through their database and send requests to report your activity. Depending on whom you deal with, they will report your activity anyway without you asking but most simply don't do it. You could also call D&B and inquire about how to go about this.

But don't get too hung up on that. Your personal credit will always be the key cog in the process of getting business-related credit.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 4 of 5
hawaii12
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. We have already applied for the EIN and we are doing a LLC b both business.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.