cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold Chase Ink Plus, Try Again for Downgrade, or Just Toss It?

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Hold Chase Ink Plus, Try Again for Downgrade, or Just Toss It?

I picked up the Chase Ink Plus nearly two years ago. Actually two, since I have a sole proprietor business and for some clients I needed to form a sole-member LLC.

I don't spend enough on the card to justify the annual fee, especially since I've picked up no annual fee Capital One cards that earn 2% for no annual fee. I also have the Amex Simply Cash credit cards for each business. I've been solicited and am considering the US Bank business cards.

Last year I was told downgrading wasn't an option an that I needed to apply for Ink Cash. Ink Cash was turned down for too many Chase cards, and they didn't want to hear about how I really just wanted to downgrade my existing account, but since I couldn't downgrade, I applied for the Cash card and would be totally fine if they closed the Plus. No dice.

Where do Chase Ink cards report to - is paying the annual fee worth it for the account history?

DP has a Chase Sapphire Preferred, so I have access to the UR partners. Does anyone have any ideas on who to call at Chase to get them downgraded?

Or, should I give Chase Ink the boot when the annual fee comes due?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Hold Chase Ink Plus, Try Again for Downgrade, or Just Toss It?

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

I picked up the Chase Ink Plus nearly two years ago. Actually two, since I have a sole proprietor business and for some clients I needed to form a sole-member LLC.

I don't spend enough on the card to justify the annual fee, especially since I've picked up no annual fee Capital One cards that earn 2% for no annual fee. I also have the Amex Simply Cash credit cards for each business. I've been solicited and am considering the US Bank business cards.

Last year I was told downgrading wasn't an option an that I needed to apply for Ink Cash. Ink Cash was turned down for too many Chase cards, and they didn't want to hear about how I really just wanted to downgrade my existing account, but since I couldn't downgrade, I applied for the Cash card and would be totally fine if they closed the Plus. No dice.

Where do Chase Ink cards report to - is paying the annual fee worth it for the account history?

DP has a Chase Sapphire Preferred, so I have access to the UR partners. Does anyone have any ideas on who to call at Chase to get them downgraded?

Or, should I give Chase Ink the boot when the annual fee comes due?

I think you should just relax and hold on to it.

It's worth $95 a year to have a quality card like that in your portfolio.

I wish I could get one.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Hold Chase Ink Plus, Try Again for Downgrade, or Just Toss It?

I may be mistaken, BUT, I initiate request through the EO office (since only foreign reps available). They then transfer me to lending. I THINK lending handles this, and I have seen many downgrades from plus to cash. I prefer the lower interest rate on cash. I may have to close freedom or AARP to get approved. Hard to tell, because of my scores. Got the simplycash down to 12.49 from 19.99 starting so far.

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.