Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Commercial Approved 10K

tag
Mm587
Regular Contributor

Home Depot Commercial Approved 10K

All three scores are about 710.  My utilization is a little high (about 25% - in the middle of a house flip.  Most are 3% fee, no interest).  Today I applied for and was approved with a 10K limit for a Home Depot commercial revolving credit card with an opening cl of 10K.  I was asking for 25K.  When I apped they said the need more info.  I called and then asked a few identifying questions then put me on hold to look at credit file...analyst came back and offered 10K.  I countered for 15K but she declined.  My question is whether i could call back and escelate for a higher openiing lilne...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot Commercial Approved 10K

Congrats on the approval.....as for escalating for a higher limit after you'd already been denied and your counter was denied, I dunno. 

Message 2 of 9
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the HD card approval - I wouldn't worry about the request for an increased CL right away, it's usually denied by Citi on the HD card (both me and my wife's attempt), but give it 6 months and it'll increase nicely. I'm currently at $25k and the wife is at $20k, both started at $5k.

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i like YOU countering themSmiley Happy Good trickSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 9
Mm587
Regular Contributor

I didn't figure it could hurt!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mm587 

Thanks for sharing. What did your biz credit profile look like when you app'd? Did you PG? I just got a Shell card today for $3K & debating if I want to try for another Citi backed card. I am a B on EX with nothing reporting in last 2 yrs and no PayDex generated yet. Biz around since 04 but haven't done anything with credit for last few years until last month when I opened a few Net 30. TIA! ;-)

I don't mind PG'ing on apps as long as they don't actually report to my personal credit. 

TU 757 / EX 722 / EQ 722 right now with ~19% util but a lot of recent apps/few new accounts

Message 6 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the approval there.

Message 7 of 9
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know if this card reports to personal?  Being a Citi product?

Just checked, it does not.  

That is sweet.  Might check this one out a little closer.  Like the rewards.  My hubby and I are in the "Real Estate Investor" game also.  

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Does not report to PG

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.