Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda Commercial Power Equipment ...no PG

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Honda Commercial Power Equipment ...no PG

Random searching because I'm shopping for a new generator.

Came across their site for power equipment .....issued by Citibank.....and if you check the box for no liabilty it doesn't run your SSN.

Instant approval for $1k at 30.99% (lol.....think I will pay in full if used)

Plan on calling in tomorrow , or Monday, to get that increased or I will only use it for servicing my equipment and no new purchases.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Honda Commercial Power Equipment ...no PG

@jaxstraw wrote:

Random searching because I'm shopping for a new generator.

Came across their site for power equipment .....issued by Citibank.....and if you check the box for no liabilty it doesn't run your SSN.

Instant approval for $1k at 30.99% (lol.....think I will pay in full if used)

Plan on calling in tomorrow , or Monday, to get that increased or I will only use it for servicing my equipment and no new purchases.

Holy moly Smiley Surprised   About that APR...

Um Yeah.gif

Message 2 of 23
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

They do have some 0% finance offers.

If I can get the CL up I probably will take advantage.

Screenshot_20190712-222431.jpg

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the new TL!!, hopefully you can the CL up to where you can use itSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that APR is high! 

I've been shopping around for a generator as well, unfortunately for the one I want, I'd need 3X that CL. And even then I'd be seriuously maxed out. lol

Congrats on the approval, and hopefully it's easy to grow this TL in order to fully utilize any 0% offers.

Message 5 of 23
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

So a bit of an update on the Honda Commercial Power Equipment Card.

After being granted a 1k CL @ 30.99% there was no way I would pay over time with that rate.

And if anyone is familiar with Honda Equipment there is basically nothing that can be bought under $1000.

They are running some 0% offers but all things that qualified were over $2k.

So upon issue I tried for a CLI and was denied.

Tried recon and was denied.

Was told by CSR that I should use the card .....establish some positive history and try again in a few months.

I basically laughed and told him with that interest rate and with a $1k CL I basically was going to sock drawer the card because there is basically nothing Honda sells for under $1000.

He asked if that was really true....lol....he said he only works in the Credit Dept and never actually looked at what the credit line was for !!

So a month later in August I tried for a CLI again.

Was denied but it gave me the DP that there was no credit pull on either personal or Biz Ex. Not sure what they pull....maybe Duns or SBFE.

So a month later ....this morning......I try again....ask for a $2k increase....and just received an email saying to check my account messages.

Didn't even get that far. As soon as I opened the page the new CL was there.

I know $3k isn't the biggest TL but it gets me a quality generator to replace my old one with fixed payments at 0% interest as long as I purchase it before 10/31/19.

Jax

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The awesome!  I'm guessing you didn't use it, so the CLI was just based on the account aging a few months, interesting....

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I'm glad your persistence paid off!

And thanks for all the DP's.

Message 8 of 23
shane82388
Established Contributor

Has this account reported to any business credit bureaus at all?

Message 9 of 23
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

It has been reporting to Experian Business for me.

All my Citi backed business accounts do also.

@shane82388 wrote:

Has this account reported to any business credit bureaus at all?

Jax

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.