Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait before recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long to wait before recon?

Applied for a Chase Ink Unlimited card last Wednesday and have been getting the 30 day message on the app line. I understand this means that my odds are pretty good I am approved.

My question is how long do I let the 30 day message kick around before attempting to speak with the recon team to try and get the decision finalized. I hope its not the full 30 days! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: How long to wait before recon?

Generally, I would give it a few days to see if the 30 day message changes. Usually a 30 day message indicates that the app has not been reviewed it. Since it's only been 4 business days technically (thurs, fri, monday, today being tuesday), I would reach out tomorrow/Thursday/Friday to see if there's any additional information required.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact CS now to ask if they need any additional info

Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for a Chase Ink Unlimited card last Wednesday and have been getting the 30 day message on the app line. I understand this means that my odds are pretty good I am approved.

My question is how long do I let the 30 day message kick around before attempting to speak with the recon team to try and get the decision finalized. I hope its not the full 30 days! 

You are not denied, so cant recon. 

I'd leave it alone. If it's verification  they will let you know what, if anything, they need. 

If it's manual review, less interference and contact with UW, the better. Let them work at their own pace. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are not denied, so cant recon. 

I'd leave it alone. If it's verification  they will let you know what, if anything, they need. 

If it's manual review, less interference and contact with UW, the better. Let them work at their own pace. 

Message just changed to being reviewed and will notify in 7-10. Wait until the official denial or go ahead and try to Recon knowing what that message change means? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.