Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often to Apply for Business Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often to Apply for Business Credit?

I am currently working on building my business credit. So far I have the following accounts:

Quill

Uline

Grainger

Gemplers

Seton

SupplyWorks

UPS

FedEx

Amsterdam Printing

BP Solutions (Non-MasterCard)

Chevron Fleet Commerical (Non-MasterCard)

Universal Premium Fleet Mastercard

JCPenny Commerical

Those accounts are just some of what I have and there are more to add. For some reason, I can't get approved for any WEX accounts, Office Depot, Staples, Amazon, BestBuy, Home Depot, Lowes, and others. I have the denial letters and some of them are very strange.

I really want to track down the Macys commercial card. If anyway has had any luck please let me know I will continue to track them down till I know they don't offer it anymore.

Anyway, my question is how often can I apply for business accounts. I usually try to limit myself to 3 applications month. Is that too many or do I need to wait longer? So far I have been very impressed with the approvals and all those accounts are with no PG and I am very proud of it. Any feedback from the community is always appreciated and if you guys have any questions about my accounts or my experiences please feel free to ask. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How often to Apply for Business Credit?

Business Inq's are not like personal and don't matter.

side note... Wed is terrible and crazy billing to deal with... I wouldn't bother.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are any of the accounts showing as active tradelines?

You aren't likely to get approve for some of those accounts until you have active tradelines on your reports.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright that makes sense but what worries me is my business may get flagged by creditors if I apply for to much credit at once.

Message 4 of 12
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Business Inq's are not like personal and don't matter.

side note... Wed is terrible and crazy billing to deal with... I wouldn't bother.

If they pull your personal credit you will have inquiries hit.

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Alright that makes sense but what worries me is my business may get flagged by creditors if I apply for to much credit at once.

Businesses are much more concerned with your use of the credit

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Businesses are much more concerned with your use of the credit

Alright, that is understandable. You also mentioned that I need to wait for active trade lines to report. I have a copy of my Experian commercial report and it says something about active trade lines and total trade lines. What is the significance between the two? For the most part, I do use my account regularly but some of them still have not reported and I read in their terms and conditions that they do report information to the business credit bureaus.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You aren't likely to get approve for some of those accounts until you have active tradelines on your reports.

I just applied for the Amazon Net 55 account and was approved for $1000.00. I know it's low but I got it with no PG!

Message 8 of 12
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for the Amazon Net 55 account and was approved for $1000.00. I know it's low but I got it with no PG!

Congrats!  I use my Net55 account quite a bit, it's a good one to get.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

B335is wrote: 

Congrats!  I use my Net55 account quite a bit, it's a good one to get. 

I also tried for the Newegg Net 55 today and I got the 7-10 day message. I think I will try and call on Monday. Any thoughts about it?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.