cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build enough Biz credit to lease a car?

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

How to build enough Biz credit to lease a car?

I just started a new INC 4 months ago. No money as of yet but everything is registered. I am still working my normal 9-5 which is pretty good income wise and plus my wife doesnt want me to just drop that high income.

Business wise, I have been taking it slow. I do have a D&B number already.

One of my main goals in the short term since this business will require travel is to get a business car separate from personal vehicles. 

So that being said what is the most efficient method into obtaining one?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: How to build enough Biz credit to lease a car?

Ill ping @Creditaddict, he has knowledge in this.
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ford is pretty easy but most require 2 years
Nissan also.
If you can pg the first (Nissan doesn’t report to personal if you do) by the 2nd you can do it in business name only.
I leased a Nissan Rogue with pg several years ago and pg’d a nv1500 van 2 years ago before going no pg.
I’m leasing my $58k Infiniti QX50 and purchasing 2 Nissan NV1500 $28k each in business name only and I’ve already checked I’m approved for more Nissan cars!
Message 3 of 10
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Sounds good. Lease is what I would want. Problem is my personal credit isn't so great and we already have two personal car loans.

What steps did you take to build up enough credit so ford would say yes?

I have been in business 4 months with no income as of now
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Luckily autos are pretty easy... think 650isg gets you done!
2 year biz min and other credit for no pg
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
Ford is pretty easy but most require 2 years
Nissan also.
If you can pg the first (Nissan doesn’t report to personal if you do) by the 2nd you can do it in business name only.
I leased a Nissan Rogue with pg several years ago and pg’d a nv1500 van 2 years ago before going no pg.

Does your Business have to be related to Autos, hence rideshare or etc.? Or can you just Lease/Buy under the Biz for any reason?

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Any reason.
I typically have 1 personal car that is in company name.
Message 7 of 10
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Yes I can lease buy for any reason. It's not rideshare business. Why do you ask?
Message 8 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

Even if you get the vehicles in the business name if your business isn’t established for a long period of time they may still require a PG.

If you are a well established company then you can get vehicles w/ business credit w/o a personal HP and not showing on personal credit.

In the beginning you need good personal credit.  That is what is holding you up OP.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My business is 6 plus years old. I have approximately 5-7 reporting tradelines on my Experian Business report. Can you assist me with the steps you took to lease your Infiniti? I just gave my old Infiniti to my daughter and this would be an optimal solution for me as I really don't want to add a new tradeline to my personal credit. I'd rather not PG but wouldn't have an issue if it came down to that.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.