cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get on Amex Business radar?

tag
jcooks
Established Contributor

How to get on Amex Business radar?

Last month I applied for the Amex Blue Business Plus but was denied due to not having a long relationship with Amex.  At the time of applying, I was only pre-approved for all the co-branded cards (Hilton/Marriott/Delta).  Now, I am currently pre-approved for all personal cards.  Not any business cards.  I don't currently have any business cards nor had one in the past.  How could I get Amex to notice me.  I feel like that guy at the bar trying to get that girl to notice me and I'm asking for pointers.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?

I remember....

 

You're on the radar and they're hawking you right now as you are new to Amex (March?). You have gone from no approvals on core cards to pre-approvals, would say that is noticing. She is going to give you that dance, just likes taking her time and will let you know when.

 

Spend, pay and execute a little patience.

 

Almost there!

Message 2 of 24
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?


@jcooks wrote:

Last month I applied for the Amex Blue Business Plus but was denied due to not having a long relationship with Amex.  At the time of applying, I was only pre-approved for all the co-branded cards (Hilton/Marriott/Delta).  Now, I am currently pre-approved for all personal cards.  Not any business cards.  I don't currently have any business cards nor had one in the past.  How could I get Amex to notice me.  I feel like that guy at the bar trying to get that girl to notice me and I'm asking for pointers.


@jcooks  you are on the radar. The only thing is to keep in mind - Business app even when you log in will not show "Pre-Approval" or "expand your membership"

 

I recommend going for the Co-Brand cards on the Business 1st.

 








Message 3 of 24
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?


@PointsBonus wrote:

@jcooks wrote:

Last month I applied for the Amex Blue Business Plus but was denied due to not having a long relationship with Amex.  At the time of applying, I was only pre-approved for all the co-branded cards (Hilton/Marriott/Delta).  Now, I am currently pre-approved for all personal cards.  Not any business cards.  I don't currently have any business cards nor had one in the past.  How could I get Amex to notice me.  I feel like that guy at the bar trying to get that girl to notice me and I'm asking for pointers.


@jcooks  you are on the radar. The only thing is to keep in mind - Business app even when you log in will not show "Pre-Approval" or "expand your membership"

 

I recommend going for the Co-Brand cards on the Business 1st.

 


How would some know that they're pre-approved for business cards?  I've seen people posting that they got pre-approvals.  

Message 4 of 24
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?

 


@Anonymous wrote:

I remember....

 

You're on the radar and they're hawking you right now as you are new to Amex (March?). You have gone from no approvals on core cards to pre-approvals, would say that is noticing. She is going to give you that dance, just likes taking her time and will let you know when.

 

Spend, pay and execute a little patience.

 

Almost there!


Dully noted, either way, credit and picking up girls, neither was my forte.  Andy from 40 year old virgina the movie looked like he had stellar credit.  That means I have a chance!

Message 5 of 24
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?

@jcooks  I cant speak for others, but i have never seen one that says "Pre Approved" or "Expand your memebrship" on the business side.








Message 6 of 24
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?


@PointsBonus wrote:

@jcooks  I cant speak for others, but i have never seen one that says "Pre Approved" or "Expand your memebrship" on the business side.

 

Just saw this, below is from another post but from a while ago.  I cannot confirm or deny this as I only have Submit buttons on the application page of each business cards.


Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 24
mchang124
Regular Contributor

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?


@jcooks wrote:

Last month I applied for the Amex Blue Business Plus but was denied due to not having a long relationship with Amex.  At the time of applying, I was only pre-approved for all the co-branded cards (Hilton/Marriott/Delta).  Now, I am currently pre-approved for all personal cards.  Not any business cards.  I don't currently have any business cards nor had one in the past.  How could I get Amex to notice me.  I feel like that guy at the bar trying to get that girl to notice me and I'm asking for pointers.


first business card i got with Amex was earlier this year was the Amazon Business Prime Card. that started my relationship. Only HP.

 

The following month, i got the Hilton Honors Biz card (auto approved, no HP. also hit the SUB in 30 days). I had to wait for 2/90 and then applied for the BBP (auto approved, hit the SUB on that in 45 days). I waited for another 2/90 and applied for the Biz Gold and also was auto approved for that one as well (working on the $6k spend in 3 months for an 80k MR PTS SUB).

 

So one hard pull in january, led to 3 revolvers and 1 charge card. the other guys are right, if you start with a co-branded card (hilton/amazon/marriot/delta/Lowe's), DP's have shown they arent as conservative like they are with BBP/BBC/Biz Gold/Biz Platinum. show amex you can spend the money, they will gladly give you the other cards. 

my debate now, do i go for the biz platinum or perosnal platinum. >.<

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 8 of 24
hazmat2021
Member

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?


@Anonymous wrote:

I remember....

 

You're on the radar and they're hawking you right now as you are new to Amex (March?). You have gone from no approvals on core cards to pre-approvals, would say that is noticing. She is going to give you that dance, just likes taking her time and will let you know when.

 

Spend, pay and execute a little patience.

 

Almost there!


excellent credit and dating advice!!! 

Message 9 of 24
hazmat2021
Member

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?

Im in the same situation. Just got into AMEX with the Blue everyday !!! I felt sooooo pumped getting that approval. Now im going too garden until October then try for a business card. Which co branded do you recommend? Thanks!!!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.