tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get on Amex Business radar?

@jcooks wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jcooks wrote:

UPDATE 5/27

I apped this morning and got approved for the BBP!

Way to go J .... Congratulations!

She is dancing with you now! 

Already planning for the wedding.  Are you coming?

With bells on ...Congrats!

Message 21 of 24
jcooks
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If your profile is strong enough, you should have no problem, the reasoning sounds like your profile just isn't quite there yet, if the cobrands are all you had originally here's some dps from me

787 fico 8 in November prequal For all personal cards

no prior Amex history

applied for Amazon prime instantly approved for 3k , 3x cli in the minimum amount of time

early March applied for Hilton with an 818 approved instantly for 15k with a middle of the road interest rate SP

middle of may approved for Blue Business Plus 10k limit 814 ex SP

i had balances on other cards at the time of approval for the other two each time, in my experience if you treat Amex well and make large payments they roll out the carpet

the Amazon card is a great place to start it has weak underwriting because it's a cobrand and it offers something none of the other business cards do, an instant card number

i Had no preapprovals or prequalify for any other cards when I was approved for the others

i suggest you try for the Amazon, I bet you will get approved

I got approved for the Blue Business Plus on the 31st day after the denial.  It also gave me the instant card number as well.  Your profile def looks much stronger than mine.  I'm currently sitting around 740's Fico8 with worst derogs being late from about 5 years ago.  Problem is, there's plenty of lates.  Hopefully soon my profile strengthens and I won't fear applying to anything lol.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats funny I asked for an instant card number for the BBP and they told me the card doesn't offer it lol, only the Amazon does for business cards who knows lol

Message 23 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jcooks wrote:

UPDATE 5/27

I apped this morning and got approved for the BBP!

Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.