cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if pre-approved for Amex biz card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to tell if pre-approved for Amex biz card?

I know how to see if I’m pre-approved for Amex personal cards but how can you check for biz cards? For personal you get either the “you’re pre-approved” message after hitting apply, or “expand your membership” if you’re not pre-approved. For biz cards it just says something about applying and getting a decision in 30 seconds.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: How to tell if pre-approved for Amex biz card?

Follow

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Follow

Follow?

Message 3 of 19
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I am also curious so I would like to see what is said Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 19
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Following

Message 5 of 19
BlueMystic
New Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

I am also curious so I would like to see what is said Smiley Very Happy

That's what this is for:

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 7.44.50 PM.png

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I recall, it will perform a SP for an prequal to see if you're qualified. Generally if you're "pre-approved" for the personal, then it would likely be so for the BIZ as well. 

After you hit the apply button, it will tell you whether you're approved or not. And the option to accept and sign.

From what I've read a denial is an SP anyways so nothing lost there. 

However, always keep in mind YMMV with HP & SP.

Message 7 of 19
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I know how to see if I’m pre-approved for Amex personal cards but how can you check for biz cards? For personal you get either the “you’re pre-approved” message after hitting apply, or “expand your membership” if you’re not pre-approved. For biz cards it just says something about applying and getting a decision in 30 seconds.

Just logged in and checked this with several business cards and I'm not getting the same verbiage that you would get with the personal cards on knowing whether it's a pre-approval; same as OP just telling me I can get a decision in as little as 30 secs if I wish to apply.

Message 8 of 19
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

AMEX sent me a pre-approved business card e-mail. Last one had three cards listed with SUB’s and said to pick the one that was best for my business. I got the e-mail the day after I looked over the Biz cards while logged into my Amex account. Checking out the cards might have triggered the e-mail offer.
Message 9 of 19
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Any update, did you try to apply? Wanna do the same but would only want a soft pull.

what if on personal cards you only get the "expanding your membership is easy"? Has anyone had that message on personal cards then gotten a soft pull approval on business? 

Do you have to be an amex number for a certain amount if time before you get a soft pull for the next card? 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.