cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if pre-approved for Amex biz card?

tag
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to tell if pre-approved for Amex biz card?

I have pre-approved message on the Marriott personal card but I went ahead and applied for the business (no annual fee versus $450 on personal version) and get denied. So maybe the business version is a little bit stricter UW.

Message 11 of 19
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

That is hard to say. I could not for the life of me seem to get approved for the personal version of the AMEX Bonvoy card but got instantly approved for the business one. LOL! No rhym or reason to AMEX maddness.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pull?
Message 13 of 19
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

If they did a SP I cannot find it anywhere in my reports. They must of used a SP from a few weeks ago or something. I keep waiting for one to show up but so far nothing.

Message 14 of 19
redpat
Senior Contributor

The only pre=approved biz cards that ever showed up for me was BRG and Plat and the was in my offes section on my personal plat for biz plat and in my offers on my biz plat, both for 75k MR for 5k spend.

I have never seen anyother pre-approved offer but as others have said it’s a SP so it really doesn’t matter anyway.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 19
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I have seen it posted here before. It has to do with the submit button wording. I am searching for it now as I am finally approved for everything on personal side again, but don't want another personal card.

If anybody can help, please do so.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 16 of 19
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

found it

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Marriott-Bonvoy-Business-Approved/m-p/5780441 

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 17 of 19
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

found it

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Marriott-Bonvoy-Business-Approved/m-p/5780441 

I missed this, thanks for posting it!  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 18 of 19
nyuphoto
Regular Contributor

@hawkins wrote:

That is hard to say. I could not for the life of me seem to get approved for the personal version of the AMEX Bonvoy card but got instantly approved for the business one. LOL! No rhym or reason to AMEX maddness.

@hawkins 

"get approved" in reference to personal card. 

Did you mean get pre-approval or actually apply and get denied?

Cards (In order of approval) TCL: 137k

Chase Home Mortgage 402k 3.25% 30yr | 10/2021 | AU  
App’d for my first CC in April 2020, hoping for a 3k SL… Anyone can turn their credit around.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.