Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm about to lose my biggest credit line

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I'm about to lose my biggest credit line

Who did you burn in your BK?? That will limit your lenders quite a bit, and your scores are pretty low for anyone else.
Message 11 of 14
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

they are complete morons, I would just use an atm vs doing anything with cap1.  who wants a card that reports anyhow.  the entire reason for a business card is in theory they come with higher limits and they don't report.  to get hit with 3 hps when you had a bk just over a year ago makes zero sense.  imo.  did you burn ax in your bk?  chase will not extend credit if a bk is reporting but ax might and it should not cost a hp to find out

Message 12 of 14
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE:

I think the only reason Capital One took it upon themselves to close my original Spark card is because I initially contacted them and asked them to update the information. If I just applied for a new card and didn’t inform them of the change, the old card would probably stay open. I did go ahead and apply for the same card over again, and it was approved with the same limit.

As for my BK, I did include Amex. That’s why I’m grateful for Capital One while I work on improving my scores.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CashBackQueen wrote:

UPDATE:

I think the only reason Capital One took it upon themselves to close my original Spark card is because I initially contacted them and asked them to update the information. If I just applied for a new card and didn’t inform them of the change, the old card would probably stay open. I did go ahead and apply for the same card over again, and it was approved with the same limit.

As for my BK, I did include Amex. That’s why I’m grateful for Capital One while I work on improving my scores.

All of which goes to prove my initial point. There was no reason for them to put you through this inconvenience.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.