Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in shock - Chase Ink

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in shock - Chase Ink

Applied for the card on a flyer since my wife's scores are 760ish and our business is doing well. Approved for 37k CL! 

5 minute later she was denied for Chase Freedom card, which seemed weird. 

Anyhoo, I'm pretty fired up about that.

Now I'm wondering what else I should shoot for. We could really use a nice limit on one of the big box hardware stores. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: I'm in shock - Chase Ink

Congratulations on your and DW approval!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 apps same day are usually denied at Chase, usually you're supposed to do them back-to-back (MDD) for highest success rate

Discover business card might be good for 3% back + 12mo. intro APR? + build more business credit?

Amex biz Lowes, or Citi HD? 

Message 3 of 6
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We could really use a nice limit on one of the big box hardware stores. Any suggestions?

Congrats to DW and to you and your business.  That's a sweet limit.  I'd call that one a starting and finish limit...pretty good deal.

Out of all the Big Box hardware store cards, Lowe's and Home Depot, I find Amex Lowe's to be the more generous of the three concerning sl's and cli's.  Of course your cr and other factors will dictate the outcome but since DW juiced Chase for $37k I would bet she'd do well with Amex too.  She'd do well with all of them probably.  She could actually check the personal prequals for Lowe's and HD to kind of get a feel of where she stands,  yourself too for that matter, and then go from there. 

My personal fav is Amex Lowe's Rewards. Besides having a generous cl to work with you also earn pts.  Those pts. can add up quickly and used towards a rewards card for gas or whatever your heart desires. I don't carry cash, I carry my rewards cards (gas is my choice, can be used for anything not just fuel- tip!)  I really like that.  It's like a bonus every month or two.  Also, all the Lowe's biz cards offer the 5% discount.  Home Depot has a nice little perk, 60 days sac.  They also offer fuel rewards, which doesn't work for us as the stations in the network aren't convenient but may well be for you. 

Just a little fyi, unlike Amex (Lowe's) and Synchrony (Lowe's Pro), Citi Bank (Home Depot Commercial) is a hp for all cli's.  True to Citi bank form....they're gonna hike that leg on your cr's, both personal and biz, no two ways around it.

Good Luck on your next biz pickup!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 6
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for the card on a flyer since my wife's scores are 760ish and our business is doing well. Approved for 37k CL! 

Congrats!  What did Chase request from you to know that your business is doing well?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.