Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I mean business...

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I mean business...

Hey guys, so I don't have a business and reason being is in California they tax you like crazy, $800/y, if I wanted to have a business I would have to be a Independent Contract, way cheaper but anyway I feel like its getting harder to get cards in general.

I want to build up my MR points, wanted to know if I get the Amex Blue Business credit card, could I transfer the points over to the personal MR card?

Also, I'm thinking about getting the Cash Ink too before it gets replaced with the Unlimited.

I might even get the Amex simply cash too.

What do you guys recommend? Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I mean business...

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Hey guys, so I don't have a business and reason being is in California they tax you like crazy, $800/y, if I wanted to have a business I would have to be a Independent Contract, way cheaper but anyway I feel like its getting harder to get cards in general.

I want to build up my MR points, wanted to know if I get the Amex Blue Business credit card, could I transfer the points over to the personal MR card?

Also, I'm thinking about getting the Cash Ink too before it gets replaced with the Unlimited.

I might even get the Amex simply cash too.

What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

Yes, the MR points are pooled together from business and personal cards.  If you don’t have a business though of any kind how are you going to apply for a business card?

Message 2 of 8
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I could apply thru my SSN, just as I would with a personal credit card but I just can't default on it. It will have an inquiry on my personal credit report tho.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:
I could apply thru my SSN, just as I would with a personal credit card but I just can't default on it. It will have an inquiry on my personal credit report tho.

You would have an inquiry on your credit regardless of whether you apply with SSN or as a LLC for example.  All these small business credit cards (with very few exceptions)require that you personally guarantee the credit and do a HP.

Not sure though that you answered my question.  Regardless of under what format that you apply, do you actually have a small business in some form?

Message 4 of 8
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

You would have an inquiry on your credit regardless of whether you apply with SSN or as a LLC for example.  All these small business credit cards (with very few exceptions)require that you personally guarantee the credit and do a HP.

Not sure though that you answered my question.  Regardless of under what format that you apply, do you actually have a small business in some form?

No, I do not as of now, however I used to sell stuff on ebay but no longer do it and I have 2 jobs as of now.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

No, I do not as of now, however I used to sell stuff on ebay but no longer do it and I have 2 jobs as of now.

Well then you really shouldn’t apply for any business card until you start selling again on eBay or start some other side business.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBoondocks wrote:

I applied and was issued a CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card last fall using SS/Sole Proprietor method and to date it does not show on my personal credit report, only the added inquiry does.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

You don't need a business to get a business card.  As long as you have the intention to start one you are good to go.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.