Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im confused... someone please help

tag
bogoss83
Established Member

Im confused... someone please help

Everywhere i look, only the EIN number is requested on applications, whether its gas cards or the recommended companies avised to deal with to initially build business credit. Nobody has so far asked for DNB number. How would i build a good paydex score when everywhere i look only the Tax id is required?

EX FICO: 720
EQ FICO: 740
TU FICO: 760
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Re: Im confused... someone please help

@bogoss83 wrote:

Everywhere i look, only the EIN number is requested on applications, whether its gas cards or the recommended companies avised to deal with to initially build business credit. Nobody has so far asked for DNB number. How would i build a good paydex score when everywhere i look only the Tax id is required?

D&B, Equifax and Experian all go by the EIN.

The EIN is like your SS# in lieu the EIN is for a Business. Don't worry, they can find your D&B number with the EIN and if you don't have one, it will be created automatically when you submit your first application to a creditor.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Im confused... someone please help

and unless you are getting into government contracts you will find a D&B file worthless (DO NOT PAY FOR ANY SERVICES OF ANY KIND FROM D&B!)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.