Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of biz cards on personal cards with same lender

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Impact of biz cards on personal cards with same lender

This is hypothetical, but let's say having over 30% util will cause lenders to take AA against your accounts. Now let's say that you have a business card that does not report to your credit report and you have 25% overall util on the business card but 9% util on all personal cards. Since the biz card does not report I can understand other lenders not taking AA, because they do not see your biz card util but what about a lender you have both a personal and biz card with. Will that lender take AA on your personal cards due to high balances on a biz account assuming you make the required min payments. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: Impact of biz cards on personal cards with same lender

This is a very good question and i would be interested in knowing what would happen too as i recently was approved for the Cash Rewards Business Credit card with Bank of America and I have 2 personal cards with them, and some of my review with the business card analyst was that the rep saw i have done i great job with my personal cards.

My guess would be is they will be cautious and have measures in place to manually review accounts and take all those various factors into consideration like payment history, balance history, longevity of the relationship, inquaries, new accounts with other lenders ( all the normal risk assessment ) but it would be nice to have other feedback from someone else who may have expirenced this before, i'm sure they will chim in soon.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Impact of biz cards on personal cards with same lender

Locked to direct others to similar discussion:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Impact-of-biz-cards-util-on-personal-cards-with-same-le...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.