Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink Bold

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Ink Bold

I am considering applying for an ink bold for my business. I am a sole prop but my business is completely legit, although the business accounts are kept with  a bank other than Chase. I recently applied for a CSP and was denied due to lack of open revolving credit accounts, although I have heard from Chase that the standards are a bit less stringent for their business cards. I recently obtained a C1 Venture 5k and Chase Freedom 3k to build up my credit. The problem is I do not really want to run my business expenses through personal cards and I am missing out on the benefits of paying the specific business charges with the bold (e.g., phones, internet, office supplies etc). I was thinking about going into the branch once my new accounts show up on the credit report and speaking with someone face to face. I don't really want another HP at this point (I'm at 3), but I am nor sure if it will really matter because I am waiting until Jan for new personal applications anyway. Is it worth a shot or unlikely given what happened with my CSP application on recon?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ink Bold

@red259 wrote:

I am considering applying for an ink bold for my business. I am a sole prop but my business is completely legit, although the business accounts are kept with  a bank other than Chase. I recently applied for a CSP and was denied due to lack of open revolving credit accounts, although I have heard from Chase that the standards are a bit less stringent for their business cards. I recently obtained a C1 Venture 5k and Chase Freedom 3k to build up my credit. The problem is I do not really want to run my business expenses through personal cards and I am missing out on the benefits of paying the specific business charges with the bold (e.g., phones, internet, office supplies etc). I was thinking about going into the branch once my new accounts show up on the credit report and speaking with someone face to face. I don't really want another HP at this point (I'm at 3), but I am nor sure if it will really matter because I am waiting until Jan for new personal applications anyway. Is it worth a shot or unlikely given what happened with my CSP application on recon?

I would skip the trip to the bank... Chase is to big in my opinion to get a hold of anyone at branch level with any authority unless you have some serious money with them.

Besides Chase Business has a WHOLE different underwriting which you can call if you don't get an instant approval and recon it.

I would say you should be fine considering it is a pay in full card.

Be sure to find the best bonus out

If they say no, Amex won't! go with them!

Message 2 of 6
gstq34
Contributor

I recon'd my INK denial - got it approved.  Worth a try over the phone.  Use #s in the sticky in this forum then tell them you need your business application reconsidered.  You will be warm transferred.

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Chase will need a new HP for your Ink app. There's really no exception to this.

Because you just got your Freedom card, and got denied for your CSP, I honestly do not recommend you try to apply anything from Chase for the next 3-6 months. At this rate you are going to be flagged as high risk and will get AA. It's always a very bad idea to try go on a spree with any lender, especially if you just got denied or have your accounts with them only recently. Just do a forums search and you can see many examples where people got all their accounts closed as a result. Use your Freedom for the next 6-12 months, and your chances will be much much better.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

Yea. I decided to wait on the bold for at least six months, maybe more.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 6
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

I say do it! I applied for a CSP and got the auto approval, then a week later applied for the Slate but got a 8-10 recon but got a denial, then applied for the Ink Bold a few days later got the 8-10 recon and got an approval. If its only 3 apps with chase they are fine.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.