Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink cash or classic?

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Ink cash or classic?

My business partner and I both have chase freedom accounts and are looking to get the ink card for our business. We aren't sure which one to get though. We will hve a business checking account so I could see how the ink card will be attached to the checking account info. But I read a lot about the freedom and ink combo earning a lot more points. Since we have two separate freedom cards and will have one business ink card with two cards(mine and his) issued, would we be able to combine the points with our individual freedom accounts? Kind of confusing. Or should we just the ink cash and use the cash for statement credits. I don't know.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Ink cash or classic?

Whoever applies for the card will have access to the points. If you can combine the points with either Freedom depends on how your business account is set up. I'm a sole proprietor so my business accounts share a screen with my personal accounts because I am the only account holder. If you are a corporation or LLC partnership the rules may be different. DIscuss it with your banker as they know the rules. I am sure they will understand your concern about being able to move valuable UR points around. 

The Cash just allows you to have a path to convert the points to cash. The Classic does not have that path as it allows transfers to hotel and airline partners. Other than that they are same card, same bonus and same 0% period. 

Have you considered each partner opening up an Ink card for the business? You get the Cash and they get the Classic. As business cards for same business you should be able to move points between the two card accounts as well as between your personal Freedom accounts. That would be my plan as you have the option to get cash back and use points for travel. 

Also worth noting you could each wait 6 months after getting these cards and then apply for the other card (you the Classic they the Cash) and net the bonuses again as it's a new product. I'm not a point hog or anything, just pointing out what might not be obvious. 

Message 2 of 5
vagrants
Regular Contributor

2x points categories are different on Cash and Classic. Cash =  gas stations & restraunts, Classic = gas stations & hotels. Since you are getting UR points, it doesn't matter which card you have to convert to cash back.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 3 of 5
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

So both earn UR points? Or just the classic?
Message 4 of 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@fittiger wrote:
So both earn UR points? Or just the classic?

Both earn UR points.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.