Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ink preferred - worth keeping?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Ink preferred - worth keeping?

The AF on my ink preferred is due today and I am really struggling about whether or not I should keep this. I see a new ink card may be coming out and I am interested in it, but the rumors make that card sound like it might be a charge card and it may be quite different than the ink preferred. Also, the SUB on that card may require an initial spend that is outside my range (for example the ink preferred wants 15k spend within 3 months which is just too steep at the moment), so I don't know if that card will be feasible or not in the end. I have a CSP at the current time so I believe I will still able to transfer points even those from my business cards to travel partners if I downgrade this card. I don't really use this card much because I have another non-AF card that gives me 5x points and I use that for most of my business spend. However, I do plan on getting a new cell phone soon. Does the cell phone protection that you get by paying with this card make it a no-brainer? I have cell phone protection on my personal Amex plat but the new AF will hit in the summer on that card and at least with the ink I get bonus points by paying my cell phone bill, although in fairness amex says they will payout $200 more than chase if applicable and the deductible is $50 less than amex, Not sure if anyone has experience with Chase or Amex when it comes to the cell phone insurance. Is there any other reason I should keep the ink preferred? My thought was that I would downgrade it to a no-AF card and then if I needed it again in the future (like if I decided to get rid of CSP I would just upgrade it back).
;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Ink preferred - worth keeping?

What new Ink card coming out?

Message 2 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@4sallypat wrote:

What new Ink card coming out?

There are rumors about a new ink card coming out and rumored it may be a charge card like the ink bold was initially. It has been suggested it will be similiar to a business version of the CSR. Chase recently trademarked the name of the new card so that tends to give the rumors a bit more credibility. They are saying it will likely come out at some point in December. I'm holding off on the venture app to see what chase is doing. I ended up downgrading my ink preferred since it wasn't doing much for me given that I have the CSP and a plat card for the phone insurance. I can always upgrade back up to it later if need be. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 4
Liberty33
Established Member

I find the Ink Preferred to be the best business credit card available by any lender and it has a low annual fee.  It gives the best % back for online advertising which every business has to do these days.  Then you get the multiplier for your chase points conversion of that extra 25%.  That makes it 4% back for online advertising which is my largest business expense by far.  Nothing beats the Ink Preferred card for my business.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.