cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card subject to the Chase 5/24 rule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card subject to the Chase 5/24 rule?

I was wondering if the Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule.  I haven't had a hard inquiry since February.  Also wondering if they start out with a decent credit line of $3K or more for balance transfers. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card subject to the Chase 5/24 rule?

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering if the Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule.  I haven't had a hard inquiry since February.  Also wondering if they start out with a decent credit line of $3K or more for balance transfers. 

I don't believe this card is subject to 5/24.  As far as credit line, it'll all depend on your profile.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card subject to the Chase 5/24 rule?

Not subject to 5/24 but declines for too many new accounts and the like still occur.  Next week, I’m going to recon a denial I got last week for the reason cited above.  

Granted, I had several new accounts reporting.  I was expecting to have to recon but hoping for an approval. My scenario is certainly different than yours.  

Best of luck, if you decide to go for it. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently just applied and denied for chase ink business and was denied for being over 5/24

Decided what the heck and tried the Chase Marriot Business since it should be same credit pull.   Approved 5k after recon with no mentioneed of being over 5/24.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for this card at 25/24 in the end of May.  I got 5k which is the minimum for the card I believe.  I wouldn't transfer any balances as they gave me a 24.49 percent interest rate.  17.49 is the lowest you will get.  

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Was recently denied for it for too many new accounts.. Granted it was 30 days message on phone for awhile and ended up calling in (i know I know I should of waited) so probably shot my own self in the foot, but was at 27/24 cards per the UW(how can you even try to begin to explain this lol and that didn't include business credit and said well I just bought a new house and needed x,y,z and realized I was digging myself in a hole and said yep you are right I won't try to recon this as felt like I was about to be lectured by my mother).. I said I understand I I want to continue to value your relationship so didn't try to recon Smiley Happy.  In all honesty it might of been a blessing as want the Hyatt 60k more although the hidden TL would of been better..  Will cool it for 4-6 months and pick up the hyatt at the end of the year.

Message 6 of 11
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Was recently denied for it for too many new accounts.. Granted it was 30 days message on phone for awhile and ended up calling in (i know I know I should of waited) so probably shot my own self in the foot, but was at 27/24 cards per the UW(how can you even try to begin to explain this lol and that didn't include business credit and said well I just bought a new house and needed x,y,z and realized I was digging myself in a hole and said yep you are right I won't try to recon this as felt like I was about to be lectured by my mother).. I said I understand I I want to continue to value your relationship so didn't try to recon Smiley Happy.  In all honesty it might of been a blessing as want the Hyatt 60k more although the hidden TL would of been better..  Will cool it for 4-6 months and pick up the hyatt at the end of the year.

😂 I love this story!

I’ve been in the same boat. 

CSR: mm mm mm! That’s a lot of inquiries!

Me: Yes ma’am. I’ve been trying to get better cards 😁

CSR: Are you tryin to finance the Louisiana purchase?

Me:  Ha Ha Ha

CSR:

Me:

Me: thank you for you time. Click

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about the outcome @CreditCuriosity. Your DPs certainly help to gauge my chances since I was ready to pull the trigger, but just like you and @woodyman100, I'd be in the same boat with the UW interrogation. So, I'm thinking putting this one on hold for a few months or going for British Airways around fall 😁

At this pace, I can only do 1 Chase application per year LOL, provided it remains outside of the 5/24 restriction.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I got the 30 day message but was approved the next day.   I am not sure what was different about your profile.  Do you have a ton of Chase cards?  

Message 9 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I got the 30 day message but was approved the next day.   I am not sure what was different about your profile.  Do you have a ton of Chase cards?  

4 others one at about 46k exposure which is approx 1/3 of my income so not at their ceiling as typically they do 50ish percent and sometimes higher of a persons gross income.  Reason why I think I got stuck in 30 day review for over 8 days is I applied as a sole prop., but used my Business name vs. my personal name or I might of just got by in a day or two like yourself.. I certainly could of used my EIN, etc. but didn't want to go through that hassle as Sole Prop. is just so much easier and recently just got a Barclay's business Aviator that was and was cake and we all know Amex is cake getting business cards.. I suppose I was just use to getting Amex Business cards with my business name on them vs. going the sole prop route and using my name in the business name section.  Shrug I suppose lesson learned.  I did my name for barclay's as read nightmares about all the documents they requested if you did a LLC, etc. and was painless.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.