cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card subject to the Chase 5/24 rule?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Chase Marriott Premier Business Rewards Card subject to the Chase 5/24 rule?

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Was recently denied for it for too many new accounts.. Granted it was 30 days message on phone for awhile and ended up calling in (i know I know I should of waited) so probably shot my own self in the foot, but was at 27/24 cards per the UW(how can you even try to begin to explain this lol and that didn't include business credit and said well I just bought a new house and needed x,y,z and realized I was digging myself in a hole and said yep you are right I won't try to recon this as felt like I was about to be lectured by my mother).. I said I understand I I want to continue to value your relationship so didn't try to recon Smiley Happy.  In all honesty it might of been a blessing as want the Hyatt 60k more although the hidden TL would of been better..  Will cool it for 4-6 months and pick up the hyatt at the end of the year.

I got the 30 day message but was approved the next day.   I am not sure what was different about your profile.  Do you have a ton of Chase cards?  

4 others one at about 46k exposure which is approx 1/3 of my income so not at their ceiling as typically they do 50ish percent and sometimes higher of a persons gross income.  Reason why I think I got stuck in 30 day review for over 8 days is I applied as a sole prop., but used my Business name vs. my personal name or I might of just got by in a day or two like yourself.. I certainly could of used my EIN, etc. but didn't want to go through that hassle as Sole Prop. is just so much easier and recently just got a Barclay's business Aviator that was and was cake and we all know Amex is cake getting business cards.. I suppose I was just use to getting Amex Business cards with my business name on them vs. going the sole prop route and using my name in the business name section.  Shrug I suppose lesson learned.  I did my name for barclay's as read nightmares about all the documents they requested if you did a LLC, etc. and was painless.

Yeah I used my own name and 2k of income.  I closed one of my Southwest so I only had one Southwest and a Hyatt.  But  that was 49k total.  Perhaps if they think you have an established business they put someone on it who looks at it more closely.  

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.