cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth apping for business credit from a bank that you're not on good terms with?

tag
minimist
New Contributor

Is it worth apping for business credit from a bank that you're not on good terms with?

My title was too long so I had to shorten it.

I basically want to get some opinions on if I should even attempt applying for a business credit line for Staples which I believe is financed through Citi Retail, since I had a written off account with Citi in the past. Looking at the application for the Staples account (and most other accounts) it does require a PG. I've had my business incorporated for a little under a year now and am wanting to build business credit but am having a hard time doing so. I don't feel like my personal credit can support any more inquiries, but I also don't want to keep using my personal cards and driving up my utilization to support my business.

I'm starting to be somewhat profitable and I'm hoping that will continue. I started selling in January and am getting to the point where I have a consistent amount of orders coming in and my expenses are going up. I get a good amount of my shipping supplies and random other things from Staples and Amazon. I chose Staples since I already have a personal Amazon acct.

Would I be wasting an inquiry and everyone's time by applying for this account? I have no other business credit to speak of.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it worth apping for business credit from a bank that you're not on good terms with?

Never had a Staples card but consider the following: 1) Chase Ink has office supplies as a 5% bonus slot 2) Capital One has three levels of the Spark card for biz  a) Classic 1% on everything  b) Regular Spark 1.5% harder to get and c) Spark 2% has an annual fee I think of $49   3) Amex has several  cards including Simply Cash.  For our biz we have the Spark but are planning on changing to Chase Ink.   Look at where you spend and your credit scores.  Good Luck The Classic Spark is very easy to get 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.