Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Underwiting criteria same for Plum and Lowes

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Is the Underwiting criteria same for Plum and Lowes

Hey! Quick question... I see offers for all of the business charge cards including Plum on the Amex website when I click on my offers. My question is this... I would rather have amex lowes card. Are the UW criteria the same? I have zync now and have spent 37k through YTD. Income is 124k. Business income is 24kish
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Project17
New Contributor

Re: Is the Underwiting criteria same for Plum and Lowes

I thinks the Lowes card is a little easier to get approved for but the limits seem to be lower.. I don't have one but my father in law does and his credit score is 800 something and he only got a $9k limit.. When his other cards are well above that.

Message 2 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the response. I would be happy with a 2k limit. Right now I use my zync at lowes and just flag those expenses separately
FICO 9:

Message 3 of 8
Project17
New Contributor

Honestly I tell people to use what ever card gives them the most back (points, rewards, etc) because business cards really are just personally cards that go off of your personal credit as we all know. Depending upon your company set up just use your personal card and expense report the money from the company back to you for what ever you bought. Some people just refuse to use a personal credit card for business expenses fairing some sort of IRS issue  when none exist for proper expenses. Rack up points rewards what ever since a lot of biz cards report to personal any way.

Message 4 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

5% discount at lowes and 2x points seems like a winner to me as I spent close to 5k on home improvement items last year. I like the idea of no AF and hidden tradeline. PG doesn't bother as my business is a Sole Proprietorship LLC. Income for the business isn't a lot; but my business is legit; registered; taxes on income are paid; and ive been in business since 2008. I am hoping I get approved. I decided to go for lowes card in January. I'm so nervous because ive never applied for a business card before. 11 more days!
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 8
Project17
New Contributor

No worries if your personal credit is good. The business info and credit won't be a deciding factor with getting approved.

FYI your not a sole prop your a LLC a real business entity separate from yourself. Its a good idea for any business to build business credit without a PG for future expension purposes, there is only so much business credit you can put under your name before it drags down your personal scores. You can still get a decent amount of credit for your business without a PG. 

Message 6 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Project17 wrote:

No worries if your personal credit is good. The business info and credit won't be a deciding factor with getting approved.

FYI your not a sole prop your a LLC a real business entity separate from yourself. Its a good idea for any business to build business credit without a PG for future expension purposes, there is only so much business credit you can put under your name before it drags down your personal scores. You can still get a decent amount of credit for your business without a PG. 

I see.  The problem is that I don't really need a lot of business credit. The idea of managing a lot of accounts is fairly overwhelming.

My EX report just aged off a 90 day late from 2006.  I think its a sign.   My EX report contains only 1 baddie, which is a medical collection from 2009. The medical service was performed in 2008, and I never received a bill from the hospital.  The car accident happened the day after I had closed on my first home, and there were several medical providers that i paid, including the ambulance, the ER physician, the Medical Imaging group, and the physical therapist.  but I didn't receive the bill from the actual hospital and the amount not covered by insurance ($697) was turned into a collection agency.

FICO 9:

Message 7 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

card offers.JPG

Does this mean that I could be approved for just about any of the Business cards? I didn't see this the other day, I saw Green, Gold, Platinum, and Plum a few days ago.
FICO 9:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.